View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Maisiesmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 09:56 PM
I wonder if any of the people that say they would search all night and not go shopping the following day have ever lost a dog.
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2011, 10:15 PM
Originally Posted by smokeybear View Post
I hear shopping is an arrestable offence!
I wish the wife knew ..
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 10:30 PM
Originally Posted by Reisu View Post
Sorry, but this did make me giggle At 20 I may be younger than you, but I wouldn't dream of saying anything so patronizing to wards a stranger on a public forum. Unless you know lozzibear in person, perhaps it would be sensible to not be so... Judgemental?

Anyway, well done to you Lozzi, and how fortunate that somebody was around who cared enough to catch the poor girl. I can't believe that people just carried on playing golf around you both Hopefully the owners did have a valid reason to not be out looking for their dog, but even if not, at least she won't have to sleep outside in the cold tonight.
I know. I cannot believe smokeybear on one hands spouts a load of rubbish about Lozzi being "judgemental" (EVERYONE is judgemental at times and anyone who tells you otherwise is a liar) and then comes out with that little gem. Take a look in the mirror, smokeybear, before you make judgemental generalizations about young people and personally attack other members. Totally uncalled for.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:01 PM
Well Done Lauren You're a star!! xx
Moli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:38 PM
Such a shame, poor girl.well done to you for helping her...
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:41 PM
I seem to recall lozzibear is extremely young (21) therefore does not have the knowledge or experience to call upon before making judgements..................and when you are young, everything is either black or white.........
Age really has little to do with it - when showing acts of kindness.. Nice to see how us younger members are seen though!
Velvetboxers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-03-2011, 11:56 PM
Ive read this thread with absolute amazement. Here is someone who went out of their way to "rescue" a lost frightened dog, takes it home, feeds it and makes it feel safe and protected and because she makes an innocent comment regarding the state of the dog and the fact the owners were out shopping is hammered for it

Come on folks this member did a really good thing today and deserves to be applauded for it

If one of our animals went missing we would move heaven and earth to get it back and would be so grateful to the person who got them to safety
Murf
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

22-03-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
Age really has little to do with it - when showing acts of kindness.. Nice to see how us younger members are seen though!
Is it not past your bedtime ..
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 12:01 AM
Originally Posted by Murf View Post
Is it not past your bedtime ..
Yes have to be up in 6 hours like always
lozzibear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-03-2011, 01:55 AM
Just got in and caught up with this thread… wow… firstly, thank you soooo much to all those who have written nice comments! I appreciate it very much! So a big thank you to you guys I usually like to respond to each individual post, but there are too many here so I have just picked out posts I have something specific I want to say about…

Originally Posted by borderladysue View Post
Hi there i don't often answer but thought i would just add, If they are the uncaring, couldn't care less about the dogs welfare and health, type of owners, why report her missing to the dog warden, surely, they would not have bothered if they DID NOT care, and as said, not everything is black or white.

sue
My thought, if the owners don’t care, is that they want their dog back, but don’t want to put the work in to find the dog. It is very easy to call the dog warden to report a dog missing… then either the dog warden can find the dog, or someone else who then contacts the dog warden… hey presto, they get their dog back by only picking up the phone, while everyone else does the leg work.

How very sad that people point fingers at others to justify their behaviour!
What behaviour do I have to justify??

I hear shopping is an arrestable offence!
yes, coz that is what people are saying oh, dear…

Originally Posted by Tupacs2legs View Post
i know claire...but who knows why...my mum has ms,im her only child...if i dont get her shopping she doesnt eat.. simples..i still had to shop for her when kaos was gone.
That is fair enough, my mum has MS too, but if Jake went missing then my mum could survive in the mean time… she could wait until I had searched for him. Also, its not like she was missing for a long time, where someone would have to go shopping… she was only gone a night, so I am sure the shopping trip wasn’t an emergency. Also, given whereabouts she was shopping, I doubt it was for a food shop.

Originally Posted by suecurrie View Post
Lozzi - I think you are brilliant to have rescued the dog and the way in which you did it with such patience, care and love. Goodness knows what would have happened if you hadn't been around.

Will you be keeping in touch with Dog Warden about it?
Thank you. I am hoping too I am going to call up tomorrow and ask, although the guy I spoke to on the phone today was a nightmare! I explained to him about Tara, and he said ‘oh, I need to put you through to someone else’ so he put me through to the environmental department! I hung up coz I got to a recorded menu and wasn’t sure what option to pick… when I called back (and said I got cut off ) the same guy answered, and told me he was the one to take my details and would pass them on… he didn’t seem to have a clue

Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
Well done Lozzi

You did a very good and very kind thing. Ignore the 2 bullies seemingly intent on being rude and aggressive for the sake of it, trying to bring you down, the rest of us think you are fantastic
Thank you yep, I will be ignoring them I have learnt on dogsey to get a tough skin, and just move past horrible comments… they used to upset me on here, but i wont let it get to me these days.

Originally Posted by Helena54 View Post
Oh well said there Pilgrim, I totally agree with you. Lozzi only showed the concern that any true dog lover would have done, which is more than can be said for the owners. I have seen a picture of this dog (hope that's ok to mention Lozzi) and for me, it's a disgrace for any respectable gsd owner to keep a dog in this state, and I'm a person who has had one with EPI where you cannot keep the weight on, but even she didn't look like a hat rack!

It will be interesting to hear if you get any feedback Lozzi from the dog warden, so please let us know won't you
Oh, H of course I don’t mind you mentioning that and I will definitely keep you updated if I hear from the dog warden! Will try giving her a call tomorrow.

Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I think that's bit unfair.

I am glad the OP managed to catch the dog, like I am sure everyone else is.

But there are many things we don't know.
If Zeff was going through one if his 'thin' stages, you could easily conclude that he was mistreated....
Jake too has gone through skinny stages, and that alone wouldn’t bother me… I would give them the benefit of the doubt, but the little interest they showed in finding her really bugged me, and that combined with the weight makes me wonder what kind of home it is for her…

Originally Posted by KateM View Post
There may be a miriad of reasons for the dog being "thin" - unless it was showing any other signs of neglect it may well be just how that particular dogs is predisposed to be. My own dogs, who are not (in my opinion anyway) neglected, abused etc who probably be extremely scared if they got out, and ran miles away, and were then approached by a total stranger chasing them about the golf course for an extended period of time attempting to catch them. Not saying leaving her would have been the right course of action, but it would at least go some way to explaining her fear - which she may not display at all in "normal" circumstances.
I didn’t ‘chase’ her. I followed her keeping a distance, but with her always in sight. I took it very slowly, not only for her so she could gain my trust, but also for me coz this is a dog I don’t know… she could turn and bite me if I corner her, push her too far etc. so I specifically didn’t do that. There were times when I could have easily backed her into a corner, but I wouldn’t do it. When I managed to get her, she was in a wide open space (in the middle of a huge golf course) so had many directions to run, but I sat patiently for her to come to me. I know many dogs would be scared in that situation, and I didn’t say anything about her fear of people being coz she is abused. I actually even said that my Jake would be the exact same, and would be scared in that situation. I would never assume a dog was abused coz of that.

Originally Posted by Maisiesmum View Post
I wonder if any of the people that say they would search all night and not go shopping the following day have ever lost a dog.
Would it make a difference?

Thanks again to those have been lovely!
Page 7 of 13 « First < 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 > Last »