View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shirls
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:53 AM
I had a CKCS bitch who would have killed for food without a doubtLucky she was small and cute
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 10:54 AM
it is rare but ALL dogs from a pack no matter what breed or how long they have known each other have the potental to fight to death.Thats what i have been told about my 2 pups who are fromn the same litter.
SBT
Dogsey Junior
Male 

23-02-2007, 11:05 AM
I think you can see what the fighting dog is thinking.

Beware fighting dog asleep

Heldengebroed
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 11:13 AM
Originally Posted by SBT View Post
I think you can see what the fighting dog is thinking.

verry sweet and i've been at my friends place only 2 days befor the accident and i was licked almost the same way and yet...

Ignoring the fact that these dogs were created for a specific job puts them and others in danger of being killed simply because they are what they are. I'm not promoting a ban or anything like that. I'm simply saying be cautious.

Greetings

Johan
Biff
Dogsey Senior
Male 

23-02-2007, 11:16 AM
I understand the point of your op, but it does come across rather patronising. I dont think anybody on here with a bull breed or any other breed for that matter has bought their dogs without prior knowledge of what they were originally bred for. I definitely think there was more to the incident than we will ever know.
Stamford
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

23-02-2007, 11:37 AM
Im sorry that your friend lost his dog it must have been awful,but a pack animal is just that.Whilst i understand your concern,i do feel that everyone knows that dogs are capable of this.I can't help but agree with Biff that we will never know the full story.Bull Breed,Fighting Breed or any other breed all of them are capable of turning on one another.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 11:40 AM
I really wish people would get the idea out of their heads that ANY dog was ORIGINALLY BRED FOR FIGHTING, some dogs were ADAPTED and USED for fighting eg the pitbull but look in your history books people, alot if not most of these dogs were starved, drugged and beaten into fighting.

Cant remember who originally posted this link but it had me sobbing http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

Contains graphic images but you NEED to watch it!!!!
Lynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Gold Supporter 

23-02-2007, 11:58 AM
Those first pictures were sickening,terrible to think what cruelty some humans can inflict on an animal.
Lovely to see the other side and those loving Family dogs.
Any breed has the ability to bite. Some when unprovoked maybe because we don't realise at the time they may be ill,some because of a rogue gene but it is sad one breed gets all the blame.
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 12:04 PM
Originally Posted by Vodka Vixen View Post
I really wish people would get the idea out of their heads that ANY dog was ORIGINALLY BRED FOR FIGHTING, some dogs were ADAPTED and USED for fighting eg the pitbull but look in your history books people, alot if not most of these dogs were starved, drugged and beaten into fighting.

Cant remember who originally posted this link but it had me sobbing http://gprime.net/flash.php/thepitbullproblem

Contains graphic images but you NEED to watch it!!!!
I posted it,
I am annoyed in the way which the op was posted!
Any dog can fight if the circumstances are right,regardless of the known history of the dog.It is our responsilbilty as owners to try and make sure this doesn't ever happen.
Vodka Vixen
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-02-2007, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by nissanmad View Post
I posted it,
I am annoyed in the way which the op was posted!
Any dog can fight if the circumstances are right,regardless of the known history of the dog.It is our responsilbilty as owners to try and make sure this doesn't ever happen.
Thats right is was you Cant watch it without being in floods for those poor dogs, but thank you for posting it as this is the sort of thing people need to see to understand what these so called "fighting dogs" have to endure at the hands of idiots
Closed Thread
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »