Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:28 PM
Dogs.....

Not sure my mind will change....but I will never say never.
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:35 PM
Originally Posted by Lionhound View Post
Children.
I love my dogs and they add so much to my life, but my kids ARE my life.
What she said! Although, Oscar thinks he's a dog (a BC in particular) and will ahppily run about the living room playing with the dogs on all 4's. So I'm not sure whether I have 4 dogs and 1 Son, or 5 dogs (even though one has no fur)!

If I had to make a choice between the 2, then I'd have to say children because I already have Oscar. But 10 years ago, I'd have said dogs, for sure. Maybe I'm going soft in my old age!

Laura xx
x-clo-x
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:45 PM
all of you that have said children did you always want children? ive always said for as long as i can remember that i dont want children. i dont particularly like them, and they really annoy me. having one of my own would be a nightmare i dont mind small little babies, but i also like to hand them back to the parents when they need changing or whatever.

but my dog, i love her, ive already said to the OH that if he ever made me pick between me or the dog it would be the dog. shes my life and since ive had her my life has changed so much. i suppose kids do the same thing, but id rather have a dog
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:50 PM
i want both, i'm just greedy! i've always said i wanted the dog first so i could have some groundwork done before the baby arrives. its always been my goal to have both!
Kicks
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:53 PM
I'd say the dog, but I suppose if you've already got kids you'd have to put them first

I don't really see the appeal!
magpye
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 01:55 PM
Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
Think that people who answer dogs have never had the joy of owning children.

Nothing even comes close to the love you have for your children.
Dogs for me.. but...

Now 'owning' children, that's different

If I could take my time, check out the breed lines, choose a breed type that suited me, take a few out for walks, meet them at a discover children stand maybe at a child show... Then when I felt I had the time and lifestyle to suit a child, contact a reputable breeder, or look at a rescue centre....

But on the whole, I currently can't afford the time, insurance, or exercise, discipline and training demands of a child...
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:02 PM
Originally Posted by magpye View Post
Dogs for me.. but...

Now 'owning' children, that's different

If I could take my time, check out the breed lines, choose a breed type that suited me, take a few out for walks, meet them at a discover children stand maybe at a child show... Then when I felt I had the time and lifestyle to suit a child, contact a reputable breeder, or look at a rescue centre....

But on the whole, I currently can't afford the time, insurance, or exercise, discipline and training demands of a child...
brilliant!
Heather and Zak
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:03 PM
Children for me no contest, although I love all the dogs I have owned, but its a different kind of love for me. I would give my life for my kids and grandchildren, but I don't really see me doing that for my dogs. I am being honest here. I am an only child and found it very lonely, so I was determined to have a large family. I now have that 4 children and 10 grandchildren. But I still love my dogs.
chaz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:06 PM
Hard choice I love my dogs and have a gizilion plans for the future that involve dogs but I would have to say children. Although I've never known anyone to own children

Originally Posted by lotsforus View Post
Think that people who answer dogs have never had the joy of owning children. Nothing even comes close to the love you have for your children.
kirstya72
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-02-2010, 02:19 PM
Both
Although much as I love my children and wouldn't be without them, I couldn't imagine having another child but would add another dog in a heartbeat
Page 2 of 25 < 1 2 3 4 5 12 > Last »