Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 12:54 PM
Thinking of you x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 01:12 PM
Hi all, and thanks for all your lovely messages it's great to come in hear and see I've got so many of you still rooting for my little treasure.

Because she's having quite a good day, I will start off in a humourous vein Remember I said yesterday I was worried coz she hadn't had a poo for 24 hours? Well, we went off up the Green this morning after she'd had a little bit of Dave's cereals so I could put the Metacam in it, otherwise it would be doubtful if she would eat later after her amble. Well, I parked up next to a big hump of grass where I always park now so that I can always get her back IN, she only has to climb in the back that way. She jumped out of the car into the road and immediately squatted for a poo! Yayy I thought, at last, and she must have really wanted to go. to do that. Well, when I took one look at it, I couldn't believe the size of it!!! LMAO, it was huuuuuge, it was most definitely a two-hand if not a two-man job, to get it into my pedal bin liner, in fact a dustbin liner might have been handy! She does make me laugh that dog! She even turned round and stared at it herself as if to say "blimey, did I do that"!!! I don't think I need worry any more now....

It all sort of went downhill after that back at the ranch. Georgie has driven us mad all night with his constant scratchin and chewing, so I bathed him with Hibiscrub hoping that it would calm him down, then I turned around and saw all this fresh blood running down his leg, where he'd chewed his elbow to bits! Sooooo, phoned the vet made an appointment and took him straight there. I waited over an HOUR to see the vet, and I couldn't complain coz some poor soul was having their beloved cat pts. I chatted to a nice young man with his guinea pig who also had an old 14 yr. old dog he was losing. Someone brought in a half siamese cat which started to howl out at the top of it's voice "heeeeeeelp" over and over again, it was soooo funny!On top of it all, she said he would HAVE to have a low dose steroid jab, which he shouldn't be having any more because of his enlarged liver 2 months ago She said a one off wouldn't harm his liver along with a 3 week course of ab's.
I've had a very stressful morning with all this, trying to get Cassie comfortable, cleaned up and interested in food. She refused the chicken slop I had made up with her powder, but decided she did take a fancy to my leftover sirloin of beef, so she had that without any side dishes or accompaniments! Lol! She does make me laugh that dog. I will miss her so, but I'm coming to terms with it all.

I took the opportunity of reading up some leaflets at the vet about the worse case scenario, and apparently they have special staff at my veterinary hospital who will be there for me both before and after, and when the vet comes to our house, he will bring a nurse with him too. Gotta do the very best possible for my little princess (thanks Vicki, that's her new name now )

Oh yes, and Dave got his head chewed off when I got home from the vets, coz I had Mum to feed it was late for her lunch, and I had left all of Georgie's ab's on the vet's counter so would have to go back for them!!! He's going to pick them up on his way home (well, out of his way really, but that's what they're for isn't it?!) My poor plasterer in the front room,must think I've turned into a Rottweiller or something the way I've been spouting off at everyone this morning, except dear Cassie of course, she's been an absolute angel as always.

Georgie's now sleeping coz he's had a double dose of Piritons with his lunch (the vet told me to double up and give him 6 a day!!!! ) so at least he's not scratchin. It must be just as bad for him I know as it is for us, and I explained to the vet he's under a lot of duress at the moment because of Cassie, and he's always worse under stress. He's fine if he can just be adored and cuddled, but sometimes, you just don't have the time 24/7.

Thanks for looking in to see how she's doing, and I'd say we're still on an even keel at the moment. I was very, very worried in the night and I must have come downstairs 20 times to stroke her head, she was so asleep she was almost comotosed and her breathing was so fast and loud I didn't think her heart would cope with it, but thankfully, this morning the tail was going again! Awwww, bless my little angel. Thanks again guys.xxx

Just a short edit! The fur on her head had gone all dry and tufty of late, and yet now, it's all soft and silky again and lying flat, could be the sirloin of beef she's been getting lately, but then again it could be something in my tears falling on her head as I lie there stroking her at night when she's asleep. Either way, she's thriving on it so it will continue!xxx
metz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-07-2007, 01:48 PM
aww poor georgie, metz gets a skin condition too and it horrible when it starts up but thankfully its not as bad as george. glad to hear the little princess is still doing ok. keep your chin up helen you will get there and its amazing how strong you can be when needed, but we all need our weak days!

thinkning of you all

ash and family x
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 01:48 PM
Bless her heart. Give her a huge hug from me.

And one to poor Georgie too - it must be a nightmare for him
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 02:36 PM
My heart is with you Helena
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 02:39 PM
Aaw Helena - good to read your update.
You are being so strong for your little princess and Georgie too.
Take care all. xx
Sal
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Thinking of you all xx
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 04:08 PM
Helena. I'm so sorry I've missed being there for you. I'm so sorry to hear about your beautiful old girl. You are being so so brave you are a real credit to her. I'm glad that she is more sprightly than she had been.
All I can do is offer you cyber hugs and let you know I'm thinking of you xx
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 04:37 PM
She's very, very quiet, and sort of "different" She's just lying outside, and her legs are very limp when I pick them up, her breathing is very, very slow, she's offering me some quiet growls when I bend over to kiss her now..... I've phoned Dave to come home early. Crying yet again now.
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-07-2007, 04:41 PM
oh, Helena, the growls don't sound good.

I'll be thinking of you this evening and hoping that she picks up. But, if it is now her time, at least you have had
a good few more days with her than you were expecting.
(((hugs)))
Page 13 of 49 « First < 3 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 23 > Last »