Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Azz
Administrator
Male 

03-06-2007, 07:32 PM

Performance artist 'eats corgi' in protest

Performance artist Mark McGowan has eaten what he claims was a cooked corgi in a protest over the Royal Family's treatment of animals.

McGowan performed the stunt on London radio station Resonance FM, and shared his meal with fellow guest Yoko Ono.

"To me it was, as an art piece, exhilarating," he said after the show.

The artist's protest concerned the alleged mistreatment of a fox during a hunt led by Prince Philip in January. The RSPCA said the fox did not suffer.

McGowan, who is a vegetarian, said he wanted his unusual meal to raise awareness about "the RSPCA's inability to prosecute Prince Philip and his friends".

"We love our animals in Britain. Why is it then that we then allow people - especially people who are supposed to be ambassadors for this country - to treat animals with such disrespect?"

The corgi, which died at a breeding farm, was minced and cooked with apple, onion and seasoning.

As he ate the meatballs, McGowan reported: "It's disgusting. It's really, really, really disgusting."

The radio show's presenter, Bob Smith, said he was not convinced the meat came from a dog.

But McGowan said: "It's stinky, it's white-looking, it's not like any meat I've ever seen."

Some animal rights activists approved of the stunt.
Read the full story here: http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6703423.stm

What do you think? Certainly got some news coverage!
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 07:35 PM
Personally i think the man is a **** and same to be said for yoko (but she lost the plot years ago ) What the hell is him eating a dead corgi going to prove my god .
If i was him i would be more concerned as to why and how the dog died as for the royals dont gety me started on that miserable mob
Patch
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 07:48 PM
1] No genuine vegetarian would ever do such a thing for real

2] If claiming the dog was from a breeding farm, anyone with an ounce of care for animal rights would be getting the place shut down, not asking for one of their dead dogs to be minced.

3] Since when would the RSPCA say a hunted fox had`nt suffered if brutalised in the manner described [ I dont doubt subhumans kill them that way, of course they do, thats why they are subhuman imo, but I certainly doubt the RSPCA would say it was acceptable ]...

Sounds like a faked publicity stunt to me.
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

03-06-2007, 07:51 PM
All I can say is he got what he really wanted, People talking about him. People now know his name, where i bet not many people did before this.
boobah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-06-2007, 07:57 PM
Originally Posted by Patch View Post
1] No genuine vegetarian would ever do such a thing for real

2] If claiming the dog was from a breeding farm, anyone with an ounce of care for animal rights would be getting the place shut down, not asking for one of their dead dogs to be minced.

3] Since when would the RSPCA say a hunted fox had`nt suffered if brutalised in the manner described [ I dont doubt subhumans kill them that way, of course they do, thats why they are subhuman imo, but I certainly doubt the RSPCA would say it was acceptable ]...

Sounds like a faked publicity stunt to me.
Got to be the first thing i have agreed with you on,spot on!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 10:20 AM
What a foolish and thoroughly silly stunt!
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-06-2007, 11:38 PM
Words fail me:smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078 :smt078