Our sister sites
Our sister sites
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 07:18 PM

3 cheers for Phil please!

Hi all,

Phil has just given blood for the first time! I'm so proud of him. He was such a good boy. I'm sure he'll be telling all his friends about the lovely 3 young nurses he had fussing over him

Here he is sporting his bandana.

And having a well-deserved rest.
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 07:21 PM
Hurrah for Phil, what a good boy. Did he get a drink and a biccie after?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 07:23 PM
Well done Phil...............nice biccy and a drink now
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 07:26 PM
Thanks both of you, He got a huge bowl of food after! because we took his little lady friend for support she got a bowl full too!! and she didnt have to do anything for hers! Little glutten she is!
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 07:29 PM
wooo well done phil. was he ok with giving blood? make much of a fuss? shame they arnt more people like you out there.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:05 PM
Originally Posted by valandra View Post
wooo well done phil. was he ok with giving blood? make much of a fuss? shame they arnt more people like you out there.
He was really good. They put some cream on to numb the area beforehand and he didnt seem bothered at all. He had some treats before too from the nurses so he was instantly in love with them!

To be honest i was rather shocked at peoples reactions, alot of people seem to think i'm cruel

We specifically only signed Phil up because he is sooo chilled out at the vets anyway and didnt sign Paris up because she's a bit more squemish and scared at the vets.

I just think that its not fair to just assume it'll be there if our pets ever need it. Its nice to think that what Phil gave today could help up to 4 other dogs that need it.

If he had shown stress at any point we would have stopped the proceedings and bought him home.
valandra
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:12 PM
Originally Posted by grommit View Post
He was really good. They put some cream on to numb the area beforehand and he didnt seem bothered at all. He had some treats before too from the nurses so he was instantly in love with them!

To be honest i was rather shocked at peoples reactions, alot of people seem to think i'm cruel

We specifically only signed Phil up because he is sooo chilled out at the vets anyway and didnt sign Paris up because she's a bit more squemish and scared at the vets.

I just think that its not fair to just assume it'll be there if our pets ever need it. Its nice to think that what Phil gave today could help up to 4 other dogs that need it.

If he had shown stress at any point we would have stopped the proceedings and bought him home.

Omg its def not cruel. Like you said, when their dogs need blood where do they think it comes from? A magical blood bank or something lol.

Its even better that he is so chilled at the vets. A lot of dogs get very stressed.

Like i said before and cant help saying again 'Well done Phil '
monkeydonkey
Almost a Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:14 PM
Good on you and good on Phil, bless him. I'm afraid my gang are way too wussy to give blood. It's amazing that you have a greyhound chilled enough around vets to do it. He's an absolute star. xxxxx
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:17 PM
Well done Phil, love your red bandana. \wear it with pride.
grommit
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

09-04-2009, 08:23 PM
Aww thanks all of you for your lovely replies, made me feel much better about it. I'm soo proud of him. He just loves people sooo much, anything for a bit of fuss (and a treat!)

Its nice that a dog that really dislikes other dogs can do such a big thing to help them too.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >