View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
pollaton
Dogsey Junior
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:20 PM
wilson would react the same way if i took him out in this heat. so when it is ths hot he stays in if we have to go out and we turn the fan on for him. then i usually take him out later on when it has cooled down a bit. he gives me the sad eyes, but he is better off than getting heat exhaustion.
leo
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 04:24 PM
but you still see people walking them in the heat i feel sorry for the dogs,just because they are small breeds they think they can cope...... always one about.
Lucky Star
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:49 PM
I try and walk Loki early and late in this heat. If he has to go out during the day, I limit it to about 15 mins.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 04:54 PM
Originally Posted by Dibley
I walk Dibley at 6am and 10pm only, in this heat when everything has cooled down.
6 o clock and 10 o clock shifts here too. It's no pleasure for them when it's so hot. I think they're a bit like us and get lethargic anyway.
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 05:46 PM
yep - i tend to leave it till later on - or not at all if its very hot - he has the garden if he wants to be outside - he does like the sun and will lie in it quite happily - however he was harassing me for a walk the other day - but it was very hot - I need to post a letter so I took him to the post box with me - about 5 min walk round the block - and he was so hot and bothereed he ended up in the garden rolling on the cool grass thats in shade at bottom - so for the last few days in this heat he hasnt bothered me again for a walk.

Hot day last week _ I took him out but I walked round the reservoir - with him walking in the water and me walkign along the side - he loved that !!
Kirsty
Dogsey Senior
Female 

13-07-2005, 05:55 PM
Not took mine out for the last 2 days, its just too hot for him
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 05:56 PM
Same here guys, mine never go out in the heat, always late evening.
Dawn.
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-07-2005, 06:02 PM
When it's hot we tend to walk ours when the sun goes down also...Also it depends on where you are planning on going, if it is too a lake or something where they can cool down if they like the water or to the forest with lots of trees to make shade, these type walks are more viable than walking along a scortching pavement with no shade. Best time though is early morning before the sun is completly up or at sun down.

Did you see the pics I posted of mine? http://www.dogweb.co.uk/talkdogs/kee...ogs_15094.html Just incase you didn't!

Still looking really forward to seeing pictures of Brodie
Jackie
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

13-07-2005, 06:37 PM
Hubby has just taken mine out for a short walk...... i dont worry to nich about them going out in this heat.

I get so mad when i see people draging there dogs around it the middle of the day in this heat.

We were in Wales at the weekend, at our caravan, and it was very hot, a lady walked past about 11 am with a goldie puppy been on the beach , the puppy was knackered and just dropped by my van..... dam me did`nt i see her later on about 2pm and it was a lot hotter, coming back from the beach again with the poor pup. Apart from the fact that it was far to much exercise for a 6month old , the poor pup could just about drag itself along, some poeple just have no idea.
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-07-2005, 07:14 PM
I dont walk Vegas when its excessivly hot because dogs overheat everso easily in this weather.Midday sun is the worst and tend to walk him early moring/late evening when its cooler.
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >