Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
scotbun1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 11:40 AM

Aren't seagulls greedy

I always put food out for the birds as we have a few crows nests around us. But the seagulls are so greedy. I have a family of Magpies that I make noodles for but thankfully the gulls don't eat the noodles.
doglover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 11:43 AM
i know. seagulls are very greedy. good that u can at least feed the magpies
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 11:46 AM
i feed the foxes and when i do you can garanty the seagulls are there scoffing it all up
mand p
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 12:44 PM
Aww I've got a real soft spot for seagulls after I rescued one last week.

He was sat in the middle of a busy road bless him and cars were going past and clipping him so I stopped and picked him up he sat on my lap quite happily while I drove him to the vets and was an angel when he was checked over. Seems he was rescued before as he had a tag on his leg and just wasn't prepared (or happy to be in) for the wild world...he's since gone back to the rescue centre where he will spend the rest of his days.aww he was just too tame for the wild
Anne-Marie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 01:27 PM
Living in a harbour town, we get lots of gulls. I used to like them until one day saw one kill and eat a blackbird I couldn't believe what I saw, didn't realize they had cannablistic tendancies - YUK!
Sweep
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 02:18 PM
Seagulls here are huge - So many people remark at the size of them. I remeber a couple of years ago when we had a litter of pups in the garden the Seagulls were bold enough to keep swooping down at them, amazing.