register for free
View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
View Poll Results: Anyway, do you think site administrators should stay out of debates?
Admin should stay out of debates 3 5.36%
Admin should be allowed to participate in debates 49 87.50%
Don't care 4 7.14%
Voters: 56. You may not vote on this poll - please see pinned thread in this section for details.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »
Azz
Administrator
Male 

11-04-2011, 09:10 PM

Site admins and debates

Always concious that I might upset or make others feel awkward by getting involved in debates. I try to put my view across as inoffensively as possible, but I'm no literary god - so despite my best efforts may inadvertently offend people.

Anyway, do you think site administrators should stay out of debates?

I'm just interested in your thoughts - this doesn't mean I will do what the voters want mind you! But as always I do take your views into consideration.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:14 PM
You have as much right to participate in debates IMO. You still have opinions on certain things - as long as admin is not used to 'pull rank', I see no issue with it.
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:15 PM
As long as you follow your own rules and don't take things personally/bear a grudge that affects the way you treat them in your admin-member relationship when others disgree with you, I don't see the issue
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
I have no issue with admin taking part in any discussion. We all have a right to an opinion.

I am quite sure that if admin appeared to be heavyhanded or used their position to an unfair advantage they would soon be pulled up on it
rune
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:20 PM
No problem----you can even disagree with me if you want to.

rune
Tupacs2legs
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:26 PM
personally im really liking the fact you are getting involved on your forum... dunno why but it bugged me a bit(sad i know) that u didnt before...as peeps said as long as u follow the same rules we have to..whats the prob?
Luthien
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:27 PM
I must admit to feeling a bit "threatened" when you disagreed with me. Purely because I see you as "in charge" IYSWIM.

If it is made clear that YOUR contribution is your own personal view, then that is obviously ok.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 09:29 PM
Of course admin should be able to take part in debates, I would be shocked if anyone thought different..Your opinions are just as much valued (or should be!) and needed as the general members.
When in a debate it shouldnt matter who you, but what matters is what you believe in & if you are passionate about something dont hold back.
Cachapman710
Dogsey Senior
Female 

11-04-2011, 10:10 PM
I don't think admin should be allowed to get involved in debates.
I found some reviews on Dogsey from a couple of years ago. They weren't very good reviews.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-04-2011, 10:23 PM
Originally Posted by Cachapman710 View Post
I don't think admin should be allowed to get involved in debates.
I found some reviews on Dogsey from a couple of years ago. They weren't very good reviews.
Yet here you are
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 > Last »