View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2006, 02:26 PM

Right your ideas needed..(kitten problem)

Heres the problem-the aunt with kittens (sounds like a disease!!) and her long suffering hubby and brood were due to go away in the caravan from Sunday till Thursday morning-all this was planned before the patter of tiny paws, but its beena hectic five weeks (thats how old the kits are tomorrow!) and now the holiday is just around the corner..but they are stuck on what to do with Megan and the kits!!
the aunt has other pets too, whom for years have been cared for by the next door neighbour-but A) she too is away on holiday, cruise-lucky thing! and B) they couldn't expect a 64 year old woman with dodgy legs to look after rather rambuctious kittens aswell as everyone else!
We sat down today and wrote a list of everyone and slowly but surely the names got crossed off as they wouldn't do it, or couldn't do it, or were away too, or were allergic to cats etc-orr the big one, its just far away! Most of the family live in centre coventry, or more up warwickshire way-but the aunt with kittens lives on the edge of Bedworth so its kinda awkward.
I would volunteer-however, it would be five days out in Bedworth, in a holiday, and if i did manage to go out anywhere with friends etc its TWO terribley LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOONG bus rides to city centre, plus the fact i am still not on top form with one thing or another (different story) so that was ruled out..
they really are stuck at a loss-they can't exactlly bundle the moggy family off to someone's house-but then again they can't really (they said the would if they had too) take them away for five days in a caravan, and they can't really cancel this late in the game now-oooh its bloody difficult!
So i need your thinking caps securely on-and some advice!
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 04:23 PM
speak with the cats protection league and see if they can suggest a fosterer. If all else fails, someone will have to stay home!
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-10-2006, 07:11 PM
Crisis averted-found someone who can stay at the house magority of the period, and i will go up Wednsday and either stay overnight till the next day when the aunt n co return or go home and then return in the morning..
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-10-2006, 09:13 PM
glad its sorted