Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 09:26 AM

My baby's being spayed tomorrow...

It's come as a bit of a shock because I've only arranged it today - but T's having the op tomorrow..

They'll check her over first and hopefully they'll find no signs of an imminent season (she's gone past her halfway point) so will do it there and then.

I'm quite worried but I do know that she's fit and healthy and very skinny which is supposed to be good (apparently it's harder to spay fatter bitches!).

I'm hopefully going to get a letter to say it was done for medical reasons (because she has phantoms and a skin condition when in season) so she can still be shown but whether the KC will accept it or not, I don't know. If they don't - I don't care, so long as my babe's ok...
Mummy2Max
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 09:30 AM
Awww good luck Takara! Sure you'll be fine sweety you'll have her back before you know it hun

When Max was castrated, I had a PAP (Pre-Anaesthetic Profile) blood test done on him before his op, maybe you could ask about that if you are really worried? Is she being spayed at the vets you were working at?

Hugs to you and Takara
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 09:32 AM
I`m sure she will be fine. Big hugs foir you for tomorrow as I know it`s hard while they are at the vets. I thought that showing bitches was fine once they were spayed...I`m sure i read something on Dogsey regarding this not long ago.
Lottie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 09:42 AM
Thanks Fudgeley, they have to have a certificate for any op to say it was done for medical reasons (not cosmetic), I believe.

Thanks mummy2max, no it's not at the same vets - it's at the vets Takara was at previous to me working at the other one.
This one charges £135 for a spay which I believe is around average, where I worked last week they were charging £175!!

Obviously money isn't everything but they are good at the vets she's with and I simply can't afford £175 right now!
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

06-06-2007, 10:00 AM
All the best to Takara for tomorrow, I am sure she will be fine. You will have to tell me how she is after as Skyes is less than a week away
Meganrose
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 10:17 AM
Aww Lottie she'll be fine. Good luck Takara XX
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 10:32 AM
Originally Posted by Lottie View Post
Thanks Fudgeley, they have to have a certificate for any op to say it was done for medical reasons (not cosmetic), I believe.

Thanks mummy2max, no it's not at the same vets - it's at the vets Takara was at previous to me working at the other one.
This one charges £135 for a spay which I believe is around average, where I worked last week they were charging £175!!

Obviously money isn't everything but they are good at the vets she's with and I simply can't afford £175 right now!

Hi Lottie,

Good luck for tomorrow.

When I had Tyler castrated recently they quoted around £150 because he also had to have the tumour removed from his eye. I have been with them for years so made an appointment with the accounts lady and asked permission to pay 1/2 when he had the op and then weekly instalments of £15 which she agreed to instantly. Maybe you could approach them with a similar proposal, it certainly helped me out.

When I sought permission from the KC to show Bradley as a neuter I simply filled in the form that I downloaded from their site and sent it off. I also got a letter from my vet explaining he had been castrated due to medical reasons and that he had two testicles prior to the op. They sent me a standard letter confirming that they had amended their records to show he was neutered and wished me luck with showing him. I'm sure that's all you'll need to do with Lottie although I don't suppose it's as necessary with bitches as no-one can tell whether they've been done just by going over them

Big hugs to the little lady, hope all goes well.

Sheree x
Kristina
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 11:39 AM
Good luck tomorrow. Hope it all goes well and Takara isnt too groggy when you pick her up. Let us know how she is (if anything like Vienna she will be feeling very sorry for herself!). Also i didnt think bitches needed certification for the KC as, like someone has already said, they cant tell if a bitch has been spayed or not and dont the boys only need it to prove that they had 2 decended testicles?
inkliveeva
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 11:58 AM
All the best for tomorrow Lottie, I'm sure your babe will be fine xx
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-06-2007, 12:04 PM
Good luck for tomorrow, everything will be fine. I know how you feel though it is horrible knowing they are there without you watching over them. i went though it with Dori a few months ago. got to go through it with Katie soon
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »