Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:07 PM
Originally Posted by DevilDogz View Post
But what does this man being dead gain? Its an easy way out for him, he should live with what he has done for the rest of his life. Questions will now never be answered, people are left wondering. He may have been a murderer, but he still had children, he owned it to everyone to explain himself. I personally dont think he was all there in the head.
and no im not saying that makes it ok.
Maybe the man he shot dead had children too! Yea it is an easy way out, but a cheaper one for this country. Think of all the recourse it takes to keep a man in prison for the rest of his life. Gaining degrees and having more spent on his meals than the NHS patients.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:11 PM
Originally Posted by elaineb View Post
No, you don't understand what I'm saying...what I mean is, if Ian Huntley had been on the run, Like Moat, and he had a gun to his head, like Moat, then tazered, like Moat, and died, like Moat, then good riddance.

The fact that he is locked up in prison, is down the our judicial system.
I do understand, I understand perfectly. He evaded arrest for a good few weeks prior to what he did to those two girls. Happily going about his business inside that community, even appearing on TV speaking about those poor girls. There's no difference apart from the fact he wasn't armed. But lets face it, he was STILL a danger to other children in that area.

Difference is Mr Moat didn't kill any innocent children. Nope he's no worse or no better than Huntley as he still murdered an innocent man and injured two others.

The fact is, he didn't deserve to die, whatever the circumstances, if this country can accommodate people like Ian Huntley (who is a WHOLE lot worse, imo) then we could have accommodated the likes of Mr Moat and lock him up for life.
DevilDogz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:12 PM
Maybe the man he shot dead had children too! Yea it is an easy way out, but a cheaper one for this country. Think of all the recourse it takes to keep a man in prison for the rest of his life. Gaining degrees and having more spent on his meals than the NHS patients.
Maybe he did, and its owed to them children to know what really went on to.
SO he should be dead because it would be cheaper for the contry - what makes him worse than any other murderer thats in prison. What he done is disgusting, cruel and evil and every single person who has been involved in this and lost some one has the right imo to see justice brought to him and have their questions answered. But nope the coward took his own life.. shame on him I say. Thats if he actually took it on purpose and not by accident. who knows?
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:34 PM
Originally Posted by Nicci_L View Post
I do understand, I understand perfectly. He evaded arrest for a good few weeks prior to what he did to those two girls. Happily going about his business inside that community, even appearing on TV speaking about those poor girls. There's no difference apart from the fact he wasn't armed. But lets face it, he was STILL a danger to other children in that area.

Difference is Mr Moat didn't kill any innocent children. Nope he's no worse or no better than Huntley as he still murdered an innocent man and injured two others.

The fact is, he didn't deserve to die, whatever the circumstances, if this country can accommodate people like Ian Huntley (who is a WHOLE lot worse, imo) then we could have accommodated the likes of Mr Moat and lock him up for life.
But Huntley wasn't on the run was he, because the police didn't know it was him whereas Moat was being hunted because they knew it was him that shot thos people didn't they!! so the two are not the same! If, as I say, Huntley had been on the run, like Moat, then I would have hoped for the same outcome.

Killing innocent children is foul as is killing an innocent man. a life is a life. I will say again it's the judicial system in this country that decides someones fate, unless fate takes it into it's own hands and deals out the punishement as in the Moat case.
Huntley has two armed officers guarding him day and night, can you imagine how much that costs, and the other prisioners still get to him.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:41 PM
But Huntley wasn't on the run was he, because the police didn't know it was him whereas Moat was being hunted because they knew it was him that shot thos people didn't they!! so the two are not the same! If, as I say, Huntley had been on the run, like Moat, then I would have hoped for the same outcome.

Killing innocent children is foul as is killing an innocent man. a life is a life. I will say again it's the judicial system in this country that decides someones fate, unless fate takes it into it's own hands and deals out the punishement as in the Moat case.
Huntley has two armed officers guarding him day and night, can you imagine how much that costs, and the other prisioners still get to him.

If he wasn't on the run, what was he then? He evaded arrest - they are exactly the same. Denied all knowledge of any wrong doing on Cameras. But admitted seeing them.

At least Mr Moat had the decency to admit what he did via that letter he wrote to police a friend handed in for him.

I couldn't care less who guards Ian Huntley whether it be armed guard (which I seriously doubt - probably more likely on suicide watch) or a nun, the fact is he has the privildge of being locked up.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Well he shot himself........it makes you wonder what snaps in someones head that makes them shoot other people then themselves. Something must unplug in their circuitury....................
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post

I totaly agree with the police being careful, and keeping the situation calm....talking to him etc. I would not want to live in a Country where as soon as they found him they shot him dead..."the dead don't talk" so I think this was the right way if he was not at that moment a danger to others, keeping him contained was right I think.
My thoughts too, I think the Police can hold thier heads up high, and why not they have a difficult job, shooting a person would be difficult for whichever Police Officer had to do it, as they are not unplugged. Thats would be something they would have to live with all thier lives
Moat chose his path in life as soon as he shot his Ex her BF and the Police Officer, he will never be accountable now either.
So lets hope any investigations finds none of the Police Officers accountable.
My thoughts are with the poeple he killed, thier families and Moats family its them that have to live with the aftermathe
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 01:57 PM
If he wasn't on the run, what was he then? He evaded arrest - they are exactly the same. Denied all knowledge of any wrong doing on Cameras. But admitted seeing them.

At least Mr Moat had the decency to admit what he did via that letter he wrote to police a friend handed in for him.

I couldn't care less who guards Ian Huntley whether it be armed guard (which I seriously doubt - probably more likely on suicide watch) or a nun, the fact is he has the privildge of being locked up.

The police did NOT know it was Huntley when Huntley was appearing on tv did they, so how can it be the same? Decency? OMG tell that to the family of the man he killed, tell that to the children, tell that to the family of the police officer!.
The fact that Huntley has guards shows how dangereous other prisioners are to him, which in turn costs the tax payers...you and me....thousands of pounds a day! Some privilidge...yeas cushy more like.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 02:03 PM
The police did NOT know it was Huntley when Huntley was appearing on tv did they, so how can it be the same? Decency? OMG tell that to the family of the man he killed, tell that to the children, tell that to the family of the police officer!.
The fact that Huntley has guards shows how dangereous other prisioners are to him, which in turn costs the tax payers...you and me....thousands of pounds a day! Some privilidge...yeas cushy more like.
I'm sure they suspected him

You believe everything you read in the papers? Let me assure you Ian Huntley, would NOT be under armed guard.

Like I say, more likely on suicide watch.

Moat had children too, lets remember that one of which IS just a baby, what has happened is terrible for all involved, that I do not deny but many have failed here within the investigation, leads not followed up on, the warnings from the prison service regarding what he was proposing to do, someone HAS failed somewhere.
No one has mentioned his ex, and what she must be going through, lies are the work of the devil and surely she MUST be feeling absolutely awful here.
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 02:15 PM
No one has mentioned his ex, and what she must be going through, lies are the work of the devil and surely she MUST be feeling absolutely awful here.
As I understand it, he used to be violent to her and also to the children. She had obviously moved on and tried to find happiness. That has been taken away.
The man had choices. His victims didn`t.
Nicci_L
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-07-2010, 02:26 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
As I understand it, he used to be violent to her and also to the children. She had obviously moved on and tried to find happiness. That has been taken away.
The man had choices. His victims didn`t.

I'll have one final say, then I'm moving away from this. It's pointless arguing the right and wrongs, he's gone now what's done is done.
I think the system has let him and everyone else down.
The prison service knew he was planning something like this and this should have been dealt with prior to his release. His ex (and I know I will get slated here) should shoulder some of the blame here for that poor mans death, she knew of Mr Moats feelings towards the police, she knew what he was capable of, she knew how he would react to the news that she was ''dating a police officer'' - but still TOLD that lie.
Enticement to murder is being mentioned on other websites, news reports and other places, and I have to say I tend to agree.
His mother let him down, what sort of mother goes to the press and says he'll be better off dead? No matter what he has done he is still her son and she should of stood by him. He also probably felt a lot let down by his friends who went to the press, maybe he felt they had also betrayed him in some way, guess we'll never know, there were people speaking to the press who hardly knew him which was obvious as they couldn't answer the questions being asked of them, all of which would have added fuel to this mans fire. Lastly he was down by the press for printing stories that were given to them.

I am in no way condoning or supporting what he has done, but he and others have been massively let down by a system who KNEW what he was planning to do.
Page 9 of 23 « First < 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 19 > Last »