Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 12:52 PM

Ready....Teddy....GO !

Shy retiring flower that I am, I doubt anyone has noticed my absence for the last few days, but in case you did, there is a good reason!

'Team Thandiwe', welcomed its newest member on Sunday -so I have been otherwise engaged !

Our new Border Terrier boy is called Ted aka MrT, Teddy from Brighton (he isnt) TheTedster, and Bear. Nothing like confusing him from the outset

'teddy from brighton' came about because none of the males at Thandi Towers could see themselves calling 'teddy' when out on walks...and said it made him sound like one of village people, then someone said (in camp voice) 'Hi I'm Teddy from Brighton!
Sometimes i dont believed I spawned these people!

Anyway, I digress......

Our Ted is a joy, and is not in the least fazed anything.
He very quickly worked out the best way to winkle the field spaniels off the big bed/cushion, and it was intriguing to watch him picking them off one by one, til he had the whole thing to himself, while the Fields' sat around wondering what just happened.... while the Border' contigent, looked on approvingly.

My dogs are used to dogs of all shapes and sizes coming and going, as we often have rescues in, or dogs I have bred back for their hols, so I wasnt worried about him being accepted.
Ted was an instant hit with them - especially with my big neutered male, who has what can only be described as testicular delusions, leading him to believe he should look after 'his girls'. I am not sure what he thinks he would do if another dog ever challenged him, as he has nothing to back up the swearing under his breath, and wouldnt hurt a fly. I was surprised as Merlin doesnt usually 'do' puppies....but maybe he overheard the teddy from brighton quips...

Ted loves everyone and everything, and reminds me of a 'happy drunk' as he greets everyone man or beast, as though he they are the best think in the world. I can quite imagine him : 'I love you I do...you're my best mate you are...hic'

The first night he cried - nay howled, for about fifteen minutes. I had him in the crate upstairs, because although I know the humans would ignore him, the older dogs wouldnt, and theMuppet especially, would bark to tell me that the baby needed something, so this was the easier option all round.

he fell asleep before long, waking at four and howling for a few minutes before settling down again, the next time he woke it was time to get up anyway... so not a bad start!

The second night we had half hearted whinging for five minutes at bedtime, then he slept through til five.

Since then, he has gone to bed with no whinging at all, and has slept right through...result!

He gets periods of crate time during the day, and is quite happy to snuggle down with no nonsense, until his batteries are recharged.

My cats, who wont run from dogs, gave him a (gentle) pasting this morning when he was taking liberties, and he trotted off in ' am I bovvered' stylee...although I note he hasnt tried his luck since

Already he is happy to mooch around outside and has even wee'd and poo'd out there - so although it is very early days we are heading in the right direction - much to the disappointment of the kitchen towel companies!

I am not sure you can add pics to blogs, or I would post some of him.
scorpio
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 12:57 PM
Thats a lovely story Thandi, I hope you have lots of fun with him. I added a photo to my blog, just use the little box that you use when you're doing a normal thread.
maebme
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 01:05 PM
He sounds wonderful - please do post some pics for us to see. What a wee character!
Berger
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 01:05 PM
Oh he sounds like such a little sweetie. We have to have some pics of him xx
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 01:22 PM
Waht a lovely story, Teddy from Brighton sounds a real little character as do all your dogs. Yes we definately need some photos...pleeeeeeese.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:30 PM
Great Blog. He sound like a real little character. Pictures pleeeeze
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2006, 03:43 PM
He sounds fab, typical Border, post some pics! Great story.
Dawn.
Azz
Administrator
Male 

24-11-2006, 05:48 PM
He sounds like a cutey pie! Yes please re pics (You can add them via the normal IMG tags)
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-11-2006, 05:59 PM
He sounds fab, pictures needed!!!
Typical terrorist youngling by the sounds of things-full of tricks, with a heart of gold!