View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 06:47 PM
Something that doesn't moult as I am allergic to dog hair!

I like healthy looking unexagerated dogs too. Something with a reasonable life-span (as much as that can be predicted but you know what I mean-I wouldn't go for a Newfoundland that you're likely to lose at 6 years).
Mother*ship
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 06:53 PM
Scruffy, black and square are most usually my type, the proof is in my avatar!

Love a wirey coat and legs in proportion to the body (not fond of short legged dogs) whatever the breed/cross. Would love an Irish Wolfhound if I had the space, so size isn't an issue!

Also like the look of all the Spitzy/Northern breeds, love a curled over tail, and one day I'll have a Finnish Spitz, pity they don't come in black.

When I am wasting time looking at DogsBlog it's most often Patterdales that catch my eye, love them, but not the dog for me.

J.
Lionhound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:18 PM
I love big, muscley, fit dogs. I like short, medium and long coated but know that short haired breeds are more suited to me.

I also love big personalities so could have a smaller breed if it had a huge personality.

I also love a challenge.

So looks + personality + a challenge = ridgie
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:27 PM
Hmmm my taste is quite eclectic I don't think I could honestly narrow down a look I like, all my dogs have been so different

I am not overly drawn to BC's and greyhounds, no idea why but that isn't to say I wouldn't have one. I tend to get drawn to kind faces regardless of the breed.

Bit of a rubbish answer really
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:50 PM
Great question.

I have a soft spot for big dogs with quite 'chunky' faces if that makes sense - Labs, Rhodesian Ridgebacks, Boxers

But having grown up with the most lovely Rough Collie, I'm also used to and love long-haired, quite dramatic-looking dogs - Rough Collies, GSDs. Newfoundlands and Pyr Mountain dogs too.

I will be honest and say I've never been one for small dogs - but that said, I do have a bit of a thing about Beagles...
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 07:57 PM
Fluffy & scuffy is what I like best
I love paw & tail feathers & I love floppy ears.
Anything that is cute - but then they are all cute when they cock their head to one side

I don't like Siamese cats - they look evil & I adore grey tabby's
labradork
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:13 PM
Originally Posted by Tillymint View Post
Fluffy & scuffy is what I like best
I love paw & tail feathers & I love floppy ears.
Anything that is cute - but then they are all cute when they cock their head to one side

I don't like Siamese cats - they look evil & I adore grey tabby's
Evil? LOL. Oohh, I'd LOVE a Siamese. I want a slinky cat!
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 10:27 PM
I love the squishy faced bulldog and boxers, think cos I had a fascination with a bulldog I used to pass on the way to school each day, but wouldnt really ever want to own one.

I am not drawn to the skinnier breeds like greyhounds.

I love spaniels but only really the working springers or working cockers, not keen on dogs that have ears that stick up, prefer the spaniel ears!
jackal
Dogsey Junior
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:33 PM
I like slim, elegant looking dogs, although I prefer something with a bit more bulk than the super-slim sighthounds. I prefer smooth or wire coats to long, fluffy hair, for practical as well as aesthetic reasons. Multicoloured dogs with a bit of pattern on them I like better than solid colour dogs.
Medium to large (but not giant) sized, active and athletic.
Haha, guess what dogs I was brought up with (pointer x collie and two English pointers).

Although there are definitely some exceptions - I love the look of some of the small terriers, the Wire and Smooth Fox Terriers in particular, some of the stockier gundogs (I love a good, chunky Lab), and the hairy ESS and setters.

Mostly I like a dog that looks like it could do the job for which it's been bred.
akitagirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-01-2011, 11:42 PM
I always love big and 'fit' looking dogs does that make sense? Like a dog that looks like it's ready and raring to run up a big mountain! They can be hairy, no hair..

The other day in the vets/hospital waiting room there was about 6 or 7 dogs, I was drawn to the most shiny slim GSP (he had a bit of lab in him too) he just looked stunning, just so physically well and fit, lively too!

I hate seeing fat, lazy grumpy looking dogs Especially Akitas!! Grr! Mine are really slim, they eat like kings and get a lot of exercise, but on more than one occasion (Akita) people have called them 'skinny' Oh! "They're not, yours is just fat", haha!

That said, I'm partial to little Westies and Cairn terriers too!
Page 4 of 8 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 > Last »