Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
katygeorge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 04:22 PM
lucky dog having an owner like that.

i give up with other people now, i give one firm warning to keep their dog away from me now, then totally ignor and enjoy my walk best i can. i obviously would never let phoebe hurt another dog but shes the only dog im taking responsibility for
Sosha
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:14 PM
Will confess to waiting on a number of occasions for people to retrieve their dogs before crossing the road but then I don't have to avoid other dogs so it's easy.
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2011, 05:21 PM
This is another reason why walking away from other dogs does not always work!

This has happened to be on several occasions and because a Labrador crossed the road as it would rather be with ME and MY dog rather than its OWNER, I was accused of trying to kill their dog.

Er No!

I do not think so.

Even after this demonstration of the potential dangers, this did not stop the woman putting her dog in the same position.

Thus to save the dog from being run over, I hit it.
Was the owner pleased?

Ahem, I think not............
pinklizzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-09-2011, 06:14 PM
I had a similar experience a couple of weeks ago, although I was already on the other side of the road! A guy was walking with his dog holding it's lead in it's mouth, a few paces ahead of him. His dog saw me walking with the pushchair and Darcy and ran across the road, luckily the oncoming car saw him and managed to stop and I grabbed hold of his lead. The owner gave me a mouthful of abuse for luring his dog into the road
marianne38
Dogsey Junior
Female 

26-09-2011, 11:19 AM
When my Goldie was about 1 year old, I was walking him and he decided to go towards the road,( i called he ignored) i panicked and started to run after him, then a Visla decided to chase me, with its owner shouting at me to stop, my main priority was to get my own dog .

In the end I stopped and grabbed her dog, while mine kept going, but did I get any thanks no. She just gave me a mouthful that I shouldn,t run because her dog was following me! I was speechless she totally blamed me for her dogs behavior.

After that I kept bumping into the lady with her Visla, she was always on the phone totally ignoring what her dog was doing.

Yes, there are lots of idiots out there.
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 06:45 AM
This happened again

On our walk yesterday morning, I spotted an off lead dog in the distance, about 15 foot ahead of it's owners. We were not in a park but instead walking down the road. They were a long way off, no way the dog had seen us yet and definately wasn't following us this time! The pavement was narrow and I would have crossed the road anyway regardless of if the dog was on or off lead.

So I crossed in good time. As we drew level on opposite sides, the dogs stared at each other and suddenly their little JRT shot out across the road towards us. Thankfully there were no cars at the time. I don't know what happened as I just grabbed Cain and marched but I head them yelling at the dog. Surely instead of calling it BACK across a road AGAIN, it would be better to go and get it???!

So I'm probably to blame for that one too why do people have their dogs off lead by roads? It's there a by law or something against it anyway? I think it's just laziness, I bet their dogs all pull on the lead and they find walking uncomfortable so rather than train the dog, they just risk their life instead
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:10 PM
I think you've caught my "Muppet magnet" Amanda!
Moon's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-10-2011, 09:18 PM
It would seem so

Although I'm fairly sure that I came across the first guy in the same park today. Saw us coming and put his dog on a lead so maybe he learned something!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2