Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 02:52 PM

Dog number 3..???

OH and I have been talking about adding number 3 to our family. I have decided that now is not the right time and we should wait until after our holiday next summer, so hopfully a little tike will be joining us sometime after july/august 2011.

Who here has got puppies from breeders and who has just looked around at the right time and found the perfect pup?

Iv never looked into breeders, iv just found the puppy at the right time sorta thing, not BYB ovcourse.

A friend came round last night with her 7 week old baby girl and I was soooo broody! Hence OH bringing up puppy again lol
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 02:56 PM
There are some terriers across the road from me - accident (dogs got out whilst they were away) but both parents can be seen Lakeland x Patterdale 2 males left.

You can have Louie (jokes)

But don't know anyone else look into health tests and ask to see receipts or anything serious that the dog has gone to the vets for, look at eyes and nose - if they are runny then don't get that one. Ask to see both parents..someone else will be able to tell you the rest Good luck..P.S what you looking for?
Rolosmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 03:05 PM
We are looking to get an ess puppy about the same time in 2011, our ess will be 1 in July, we got him straightaway we made the decision and found a reputable breeder with some pups for sale, this time we have emailed the same breeder who said he is going to be having another litter at some point next year using same dam, but different sire as the other one has been sold as a fully trained working dog, so we are going to contact him early next year to see if the timing suits our holiday, and what we can do about it if the timing is awkward.

A big part of me thinks that dogs have the right way of coming to you at the right time and either way may be the way, if you can find reputable breeders now, then it may be easier for planning etc.

Good luck it is soooo exciting.
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 03:07 PM
We would like a female border collie, maybe another merle?
Really cant wait
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 03:21 PM
Tara i ust sort of got by fate (rehome) wasnt even looking.

Nellie was a sort of Pet breeder i found when i was looking, very lucky with her health wise, got her from a advert in paper.

The next three are from obedience competitors who sometimes breed from their comp dogs.

By now i was into obedience, i LOVED this dog Jessie & stalked her abit &her owner, & asked IF she ever had another litter then i would love to have one, 6 months later she did. That was flynn

By the time flynn was around four we had found ourselves training with Mavs breeder. I loved her little bitch Dizzy .....so similar story & got on her list!

I was then 3 years later aproached at crufts by someone in the sport & asked if they could use Mav on their bitch, I never intended to have one, but as the time went on i completley fell for that bitch (similar theme) & decided a year too early or not, i had to have a pup from them, so along came Zo!

Hopefully my next pup will be from Zo! (hopefully i can resist any other Mav pups.....very difficult!)
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 03:53 PM
We had been talking about getting a dog for a while, then we seriously decided on a GSD and it just so happened that we found a breeder with a couple of pups left (working lines)

I decided to add a collie 2 years later, im hooked on agility and wanted high drive (blimey did i get that!) and i searched around working lines and found a litter, and home came ripley.

Then a year later having been totally converted to collies, i searched again for working lines, but i wanted something with competition history in their lines and i found Mavs breeder- he has WT ch & OB ch in his lines and i think this makes a huge difference- he is much easier to train than ripley. I was just lucky that i more or less stumbled upon his litter.

My next pup will either be out of ripley or by mav...will have to wait and see how it turns out!
SLB
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by kate_7590 View Post
We would like a female border collie, maybe another merle?
Really cant wait
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
Tara i ust sort of got by fate (rehome) wasnt even looking.

Nellie was a sort of Pet breeder i found when i was looking, very lucky with her health wise, got her from a advert in paper.

The next three are from obedience competitors who sometimes breed from their comp dogs.

By now i was into obedience, i LOVED this dog Jessie & stalked her abit &her owner, & asked IF she ever had another litter then i would love to have one, 6 months later she did. That was flynn

By the time flynn was around four we had found ourselves training with Mavs breeder. I loved her little bitch Dizzy .....so similar story & got on her list!

I was then 3 years later aproached at crufts by someone in the sport & asked if they could use Mav on their bitch, I never intended to have one, but as the time went on i completley fell for that bitch (similar theme) & decided a year too early or not, i had to have a pup from them, so along came Zo!

Hopefully my next pup will be from Zo! (hopefully i can resist any other Mav pups.....very difficult!)
There you go Kate - have a Mav pup, Born 27th November 2010 (They share my birthday)
mishflynn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:18 PM
Originally Posted by Collie Convert View Post
We had been talking about getting a dog for a while, then we seriously decided on a GSD and it just so happened that we found a breeder with a couple of pups left (working lines)

I decided to add a collie 2 years later, im hooked on agility and wanted high drive (blimey did i get that!) and i searched around working lines and found a litter, and home came ripley.

Then a year later having been totally converted to collies, i searched again for working lines, but i wanted something with competition history in their lines and i found Mavs breeder- he has WT ch & OB ch in his lines and i think this makes a huge difference- he is much easier to train than ripley. I was just lucky that i more or less stumbled upon his litter.

My next pup will either be out of ripley or by mav...will have to wait and see how it turns out!
which ones?? m such a geek!
kate_7590
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Originally Posted by SLB View Post
There you go Kate - have a Mav pup, Born 27th November 2010 (They share my birthday)
lol Id love to, Mav is a stunner but its a bit early yet im afraid, plus im sure they would be intended for working [agility] homes?? so im out lol
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Originally Posted by mishflynn View Post
which ones?? m such a geek!
The ob side he goes is related to Ob Ch Gesviesha Falcon Flyer
Cant remember the WT lines..but will have a look- im new to all this bloodlines lark...am getting there though!

edit: has quite a bit of whenway in there too...somewhere!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >