View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:01 AM
I dont blame you at all Helena54 its a disgrace that this has happened to your dog and so many other peoples dogs.

I would not let this drop either if it happened to one of ours.
Good Luck, and keep us posted x
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:03 AM
Hi, I have just spoken to a very nice woman at DEFRA who believes she may already have had a phone call from somebody in my area about this! Great! She is getting back to me on it.
Dinahsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:08 AM
PS
Poor moles. We can see how they die, in a puddle of bloody diarhhoea
Alohacorso
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:10 AM
How awful!! Good for you that you are pursuing this. I hope you throw the book at them!

poor Cassie
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:19 AM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Hi All, just met a friend of mine on our village green who's dog has been very ill along with others she knows about. Turns out she met a man putting mole poison down on our green last week and had a go at him, but he said it was being put so deep it wouldn't affect our dogs. Shouldn't they put a sign up when doing things like this - surely??
I think I know why my Cassie was on a drip heammhoraging blood for 2 days last week now, along with a few other dogs from my village. This is the second time she has been poisoned in her 9 years! Can I do anything about this, as I think it must be illegal on a village green?
Thats terrible! hopefully it will be illegal helena so this man can be stopped! Poor cassie, how is she today i hope your gorgeous girl is feeling better
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:19 AM
I too actually like moles poor little things
Natasha
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
I too actually like moles poor little things
so do i, but alot of people regard them a pain!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:50 AM
Well, just had my phone call back from the nice lady at DEFRA and she has taken all the details and put me on the data base, but because their system is too old (new?) she cannot actually see where the other enquiry came from. Anyway, she is getting in touch with the local Wildlife Dr. for my area who will be contacting me soon to get more details from me.

The funny thing is, the mole man who I now know having got his name from the Parish Council, is an avid shooter and he rears the pheasants, soooooo, he would have access to strychnine, yes? because they use this to kill the foxes, and this is what Cassie ate 5 yrs. ago in a field near my horse where they were raising pheasants and they had put poisoned bait down! The local Parish Council have now written a letter to the "mole man" explaining that they do not wish to use him anymore, but as shesaid, he is not going to give her the truth is he, if she asks him outright. However, this girl I know actually spoke to him when he was putting it down, so I am going to have to go up to her house and speak to her next.

Yes, the poor little moles too, this is what the girl I met was most annoyed about, the fact that he was poisoning them instead of trapping them and she actually said it would be better for him to shoot them, but not poison them, so I know I have got it right here and that was definitely what he was using.

I haven't heard back from the vet, but I am going to look up on the symptoms of strychnine poisoning now in dogs, as Cassie had the very same symptoms as the last time when I should have lost her through it, but luckily she fought through. This was a much milder form, but she was doing exactly the same thing as she did before. I do hope they still have some of her blood, because if she did have strychnine in it, then I in return will want some of HIS blood! Lol! I'm still on the case folkes!
Whiz
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-05-2005, 11:56 AM
Take a look at this link it may be useful

http://www.avonvets.co.uk/2ndyr_hands/Poisons.html
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-05-2005, 12:13 PM
Originally Posted by WhizGirl
Take a look at this link it may be useful