Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 08:39 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
To be quite honest I cant remember lol its over three years ago since I had the last one give lol I cant remember what I did yesterday let alone that for back lol.

Mo
dito, tbh my memory is getting worse by the min,
I have found giving the injection 4 weeks before the season is due has worked, I rushed in about 3 weeks before she was due this time and still had no problems,

but any less than that may mean the injection will not work properly, but it still hasnt changed there season cycle,

though they do say that a small % will come into season again within three months and some will take 12 months

http://www.intervet.co.uk/Products_P..._Datasheet.asp

the worst part for me is tegan hates the injection, its quite painful,
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 09:33 PM
Originally Posted by CheekyChihuahua View Post
That's not fair. Get him to have a word with my Bailey would you

I think he plays for the other team ..if you catch my meaning. I can walk them together and he doesn;t even bother to sniff...as long as he has a toy in his mouth he doesn;t care about anything else!
Shona
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 11:38 PM
im just back from a dash into falkirk,,,Kaos managed to bust my phone cable trying to get at holly...
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 08:27 AM
Poor you I do have a faint idea on how it is though, as I currently have my two terriers in season and my male whippet is doing his nut

My female whippet was in season a few weeks ago and I made the fatal mistake of putting her in the crate and leaving my male in the kitchen with her whilst I went upstairs for a few minutes. When I got back down I discovered them tied He had let her out of the crate and had his evil way with her! At least they are both whippets with lovely temperaments and I do have a number of friends who are really keen to home the pups. It taught me a lesson though, where there's a will (or a bitch in season) there's a way! We are taking absolutely no chances with the terriers and they are now in seperate rooms with the doors locked, just in case!!!

My lot are all going off to be spayed in the new year as I really can't go through this again
mo
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-12-2008, 09:45 AM
Originally Posted by Angel44 View Post
Poor you I do have a faint idea on how it is though, as I currently have my two terriers in season and my male whippet is doing his nut

My female whippet was in season a few weeks ago and I made the fatal mistake of putting her in the crate and leaving my male in the kitchen with her whilst I went upstairs for a few minutes. When I got back down I discovered them tied He had let her out of the crate and had his evil way with her! At least they are both whippets with lovely temperaments and I do have a number of friends who are really keen to home the pups. It taught me a lesson though, where there's a will (or a bitch in season) there's a way! We are taking absolutely no chances with the terriers and they are now in seperate rooms with the doors locked, just in case!!!

My lot are all going off to be spayed in the new year as I really can't go through this again

You could have taken her to the vets for the morning after injection?

Mo
Angel44
Dogsey Junior
Female 

19-12-2008, 12:10 PM
Originally Posted by mo View Post
You could have taken her to the vets for the morning after injection?

Mo

Yes you are right, I could have. However, although it wasn't planned a part of me would really like her to have the puppies. She is really beautiful with a lovely nature and the Dad is stunning with a pedigree as long as my arm. It will all be done properly and my bitch and her pups will want for nothing. They will all be offered with a contract and lifetime support and would always be welcome back into my home if their owners circumstances etc changed. I wouldn't want any of her pups to end up in rescue.

The weird thing is that my bitch's birthday is 5 Jan, the dog's birthday is 5 Jan, and 63 days from mating = 5 January!
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4