Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Sarah27
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 09:37 PM

Christmas for a Freedom Project dog :-)

We had our December home visit today. Sam brought us some presents: a tug rope with tennis ball for the dogs (the ball lasted about 20 minutes and the rope is now chewed in half!) and some treats, and for the two legged people a calender and a diary.

Yesterday a large box arrived in the post. It was a hamper from the Freedom Project with red wine, mince pies, fudge, brownies and lots of other Christmas goodies. It was such a lovely surprise and made us feel really appreciated.

There was an incident on Sunday, it is now known as Breadgate. I made some beer and cheese bread on Sunday morning (ala the Hairy Bikers) and left it in front of the fire to prove. A sniffed it a couple of times but was told to leave it and she did.

We took the dogs out for a tromp round the fields and got back about an hour later. After washing the dogs down Richard and I both went into the kitchen. I looked at the clock and thought 'It's time to put the bread in the oven'.

I went into the front room to find A dragging the raw loaf of bread across the living room carpet! She'd eaten the top layer and was tucking in with mucho gusto. I was sure she'd be puking within the hour, but she was fine all that day and Monday.

Last night though she was sick 3 times and had cannon butt. She was feeling pretty sorry for herself so I let her go back to be while I walked Bryan. She's been off her food today, but has eaten a scrambled egg this afternoon. She hasn't been sick anymore so fingers crossed she's ok now.

Poor Richard was really looking forward to that bread, especially becaue he'd spent 25 minutes kneading it!!!!!!!!!!
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 09:41 PM
sorry but thats just asking for trouble !!! pmsl...

you will need to let the hairy bikers know that your staffie loved their recipe !!
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 07:47 AM
Sounds like A enjoyed all the effort you and Richard put into the bread LOL.

Hope you enjoy the hamper - you deserve it
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

20-12-2008, 08:16 PM
Poor old 'A' already got a hangover and Xmas hasn't properly started yet !!

That hamper is well deserved IMO hope you enjoy it, and hope you all have a Merry Xmas.