View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:16 PM
I had one like that - did not like it at all. Was too much like hard work, dribbled a lot and needed filling up loads. I think I have thrown it away now.

I like the look of these more expensive ones, they look much more up to the job...
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:21 PM
Thanks Becky, but that one looks a bit too lightweight for the job, and perhaps RRMum is right about it too? I need to spend over £100 otherwise I will be cursing and swearing and it'll end up out the window!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:22 PM
Wel the polti's all come with the nozzles for doing tiles, cookers, ovens etc so you can buy one thing that does the lot!
Becky
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-01-2008, 08:27 PM
I think that will be my wtg, thanks Becky! Anything that makes life easier when you've got a bad back is all good.

I wonder where Tracy is then!!!!!!! Put it down woman, or bring it round here and I can give it a trial run when you've finished all of my place!!!!
sammerson
Dogsey Junior
Female 

02-01-2008, 09:26 PM
I wouldn't take for mine!!! It would definately be one of my answers in that age old "if you were ever abandoned on a deserted island, what 5 items would you take" question....hey, sand needs to be steam cleaned too right???
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 08:04 PM
Here I am

Like I said I trialed it out in the kitchen on the tiles and I was horrifed I knew the grout was in dire need of a good clean but what it cleans up is amazing.

No elbow grease required "H" which is why I decided to invest in a good one. It was quite a bit but then 20% off made it affordable in Nigel's eyes

I used one of the attachemnts with a strong narrow brush for the grout, then simply detatched that and put the mop part back on to absorb the excess water.

Once I get going with this everything will be steam cleaned because it is so light and easy to move ( reason I got it ) Plus the water capacity is large and will run for 50mins constant - so no need to keep re-filling - plus after 50 mins I would be ready for a rest

The micro fibre cloths simply go in the washing machine.

I will be able to do the windows too ( take care though - low steam NOT HIGH as sealed units etc etc )

The list is endless what you can actually use it for, and tbh will really take the hard work out of cleaning.

H if you need it for the tiles in the bathroom, i.e grout again you will only need the long hose and that attachement - no chemicals required.

Money well worth spent imo
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-01-2008, 08:54 PM
Well yours sounds the one for me then Tracy. Thanks for all that, I'll get all the details from you and make my purchase! Goodbye hard work
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 07:30 PM
Well I've just bought one too!!! I've got the very same model as you Tracy, the Simac PVT 2050 and I got it £40 quid cheaper than you got yours in your sale!!! One place I saw it was £340!!! Anyways, I hope it's as good as you say it is, and I'll be cleaning everything in sight next week, when it arrives, hopefully it will. I got mine from deals4U who I've never dealt with before, but Goshopdirect didn't have this one. I hope they're legit this company, but hey ho! Thanks for all your help everyone and especially you Tracy!
Trixybird
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 08:32 PM
Maybe we can get together and discuss our different nozzles and have a steam party
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

04-01-2008, 08:55 PM
Lol Yes, now why didn't I think of that then - any excuse!! Steam cleaning party! I'm gonna be obsessed with mine, I can see it coming Tracy!!!! xxxx I like the idea that the steam is so hot on this one, the surface actually stays DRY, so no more scrubbing or drying with cloths then! Ooooh I can't wait to get going with it!
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3