View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
gaz
Dogsey Senior
Male 

29-10-2006, 11:02 PM
I personaly always get my dogs used to a crate with the door shut, at home and in the car, I can not see the purpose in using a crate and never shuting the door, you might aswell just use a bed. I was surprized when i first used a crate how quick the dogs get used to it, they have always gone into it on there own, i have never used any force. i beleive crates are one of the best items you can own, thats is if they are used correctly. I do hope i have not offended any body this is just my views.
elvis's_Mummy
Dogsey Junior
Female 

30-10-2006, 02:28 PM
I would never use a crate, I hate leaving Elvis while I am work alone let alone locked in a crate! he has the run of the whole house, and would upset me to confine him to a cage.

However I know there are needs ie destructive dogs, and in cases some dogs feel secure in a small area and enter a crate by choice. Each to their own, if a dog has always been crated it will not know any differance!

I do not like it to see programs on telly where dogs are crated all day even when the owners are in, what is the point of having a dog if this is the case!
Page 9 of 9 « First < 6 7 8 9