Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

18-07-2012, 03:26 PM

Enclosed Areas

Anyone know of any safe, enclosed fields/parks in the UK?
Insomnia
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 03:29 PM
Yeah, but is there somewhere you're specifically looking for? Around your area for example? Or just anywhere in the UK?
Tang
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 03:30 PM
The UK is a very big area! I am assuming you mean somewhere safe to let your dog off the lead in your own vicinity?

Why not check out google earth maps to see what is around about you?
jesterjenn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-07-2012, 03:37 PM
tennis courts
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2012, 11:06 AM
Haaha sorry. Local would be nice, but I'm not too bothered if I have to do a bit of a drive. Tried looking on google, and other forums came up, but not a lot of help.

We already go to an astro park etc. I would just like a nice big field so she can have a good run on grass, and I won't need to panic every time she is more than a meter away from me!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 11:17 AM
Your profile doesn't give too much away.....

I presume from your name that you have a beautiful beagle? Mine is a cross Beagle and is a right Royal Nightmare!! But she is loved soooooo much!!!!

We struggle with ours as well. If she sees a bunny tail in the park or on the field..... she chases and disappears.....

Her nose is optimum. She is gone... We keep her on a 30 ft long line for training and walks. I don't think that we will ever be able to walk her off lead. Our little Yorkie, we can walk her anywhere off lead.... Our beautiful beagle needs attention.. She is hard work... I think it's the name of the game, don' t you?
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2012, 11:24 AM
Yes we have a little beagle, she is 9 months.

To be fair, she is quite good off lead. She has a good run off lead with her doggy friends because I know she doesn't go far. On her own, me and my OH just get so scared to let her off. She has never actually run off, and we have never lost her, but we are so scared we will and I feel like its unfair on her.

We have a 10ft line, to which she has a good run on, its just a pain if i need to reel it in on walks. I would love to give her the freedom.

Thats why I was thinking of an enclosed space. Somewhere she can run like a maddun but I know she will be safe, and we can get her back!

I don't mean to contradict myself. I know its me, I just worry so much that I will lose her. She is good at recall...its just on her terms lol!
Deb/Pugglepup
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 11:34 AM
Mindy only comes back on her terms as well. That's why I NEVER trust a beagle!

We had a full beagle as kids called Dino who was a little swine! Now as a grown up, I would never trust my Beagle X LOL

Wonderful as she is............
BeagleBella
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-07-2012, 11:48 AM
No I wouldn't either! Its them noses!
I am just looking online, and a 30metre line is only £15...so I might cut my loses and get one. We already have a 10 metre..put them together - she'll have a whale of a time!

Thank you x
krlyr
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2012, 12:33 PM
Originally Posted by BeagleBella View Post
No I wouldn't either! Its them noses!
I am just looking online, and a 30metre line is only £15...so I might cut my loses and get one. We already have a 10 metre..put them together - she'll have a whale of a time!

Thank you x
30 metres or 30 feet? You can get 30' lines for about 1/2 of that on Ebay
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >