Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Cassius
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 02:17 AM

Dog Rescue needs urgent help!

Hi Everyone,

To those of you who don't know me too well - my nqme is Laura and I live in Birmingham.

I do quite a lot of voluntary work for my lca dog rescue, DogWatch UK. we have helpers/volunteers and fosterers all over the country but at the moment we're in dire need of fosterers (temporary only) in and around the wider Midlands area.

We are not a breed specific rescue and take on all dogs if they need help. Because of not turning any dogs away, all of our kennel spaces are full to bursting and as peopel go away on holiday, we can't palce dogs in foster.

Sobasically this is a genuine and very desperate plea to ANYONE, no matter where in the country you are, to help out if possible.

Can any of you take on a foster dog (or 2?) for the most part, many are assessed or come from family homes for various rasons and are dine with children. However, I for one, do not foster as I have a little boy with whom I'm not going to take a risk with an unknown dog (regardless of what previous owners say).

Is there anyone who has friends who are thinking of buying a dog who may consider fostering for a while first (jsut for the summer would be a great help).

Of course, anyone interested in trasporting, fundraising etc will also be very welcome.

Can anybody help us please?

Laura xx
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 06:58 AM
Sorry, with just taking on Tip I can't help, but I wish you luck hun, I think its a problem that all rescues are having at the moment

Has YS not seen this yet - I know she's offered her services as a foster to rescues before, so she may be a possiblity
pupsandpets
Dogsey Senior
Female 

15-05-2009, 07:02 AM
Sorry I couldn't take in any more doggies at the mo,

but I could donate a box of toys for you if that would help at all?
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:38 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Sorry, with just taking on Tip I can't help, but I wish you luck hun, I think its a problem that all rescues are having at the moment

Has YS not seen this yet - I know she's offered her services as a foster to rescues before, so she may be a possiblity
I have indeed.....I've pm'd laura
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-05-2009, 08:45 AM
Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
I have indeed.....I've pm'd laura

Good stuff