Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 09:38 PM

HELP. Need to find a home for a Border Collie

After going on holiday last week. I was introduced to Tip the border collie. 2 years old and a complete hun. Unfortunately he's no good on sheep, too much of a softy.
He's been up for rehoming I believe for a few months now (free to a good home) and unfortunately if he's not found one soon, his days are numbered.
Part of me wanted to just put him in the car and bring him home straight away but I have to think of my dogs and my boy wasn't keen on him.
I've told the farmer to give me a few weeks and I will try and find a home for him down here. I'm quite happy to do the 8 hour return drive and go up and get him if I can find him a home down here (midlands). He's about 45 minutes north of Newcastle.
I will make enquiries with BC rescues down here ie Wiccaways to see if they can help. But if anyone could offer this poppet a home. Please PM me. I'm sorry I didn't take any photos but after spending an hour with him I was hooked. He seems absolutely fine and friendly with other dogs from what i've seen. Please, if you can help. Get in touch.
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-04-2009, 09:44 PM
Try adding him to Agilitynet - you never know.

Sorry I can't help more - Good luck.
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 05:06 AM
Got your pm Hun.

Best of Luck, I will see what I can do....ie ask around XXXXXX pm'd you back before I read this....sorry I can see you did what I suggested
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 07:12 AM
45 minutes north of Newcastle....oh my, I'm seriously tempted. Even if he's not suitable long term to live with us I might be able to persuade OH to let us foster him.

I'll pm you.
megan57collies
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 11:40 AM
Thank you guys for your pm's.
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2009, 11:46 AM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
45 minutes north of Newcastle....oh my, I'm seriously tempted. Even if he's not suitable long term to live with us I might be able to persuade OH to let us foster him.

I'll pm you.
Yea... you know it makes sense !
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 12:25 PM
Originally Posted by Mum To Many View Post
Yea... you know it makes sense !
Of course I do...but I just have to convince OH first. He's the one that is with them during most of the working week, so I can't completely ignore his opinions.

I'm thinking along the lines of...."well if we get you a big new flat-screen TV, we could wall mount it, which would mean there would be plenty of room on the floor for another dog"
Fernsmum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 12:34 PM
Of course I do...but I just have to convince OH first. He's the one that is with them during most of the working week, so I can't completely ignore his opinions.

I'm thinking along the lines of...."well if we get you a big new flat-screen TV, we could wall mount it, which would mean there would be plenty of room on the floor for another dog"

He he , I like your way of thinking . I said we will go on the holiday you have always wanted and lo and behold we are getting the puppy I want when we come back

Good luck in getting this boy a home
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

01-05-2009, 12:47 PM
Do you know what he is like with cats as i have two but there ok with dogs,and has he been on his own before as i work 7am - 9am then 11.30am - 1.00pm then 4.30pm - 6.30pm but would quite willingly give up tea time job,i stay in perth
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

01-05-2009, 12:55 PM

I'll pm you.
OH! Hali....notice the name its a omen....you had KIP....this one is called TIP

Think Kip is sending you a message hun
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »