View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 05:55 PM
ok she has been in touch and they agreed that it was a miscalcuation on their behalf ......all her info was right ..they have agreed a slower way of paying them back (less a month than first said) .....she only got this cos she told them she was handing in her notice tomorrow and going back on income support then they would have to keep her and her 3 kids and she would sit at home on her bum and do nothing ..and they wouldn't get a penny till she payed tax again ...... good on her i say !!!!!!!!! she looked it up and they can't take money off her if not working as income support is said to be living on the breadline....i am very proud that she made a stand......
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 05:56 PM
They messed up BIG time with my sister, hubby & family. She returned all the forms, 2 months later her payments received went up, which was nice, she didn't question it..........until this year when they wrote to her and told her they had overpaid her £2000+ so instead of taking so much back per month, she's getting NOTHING until it's all paid back, it was entirely their fault and they admitted it, but it still has to be paid back, my sister even took it to appeal, but of course lost, so now she has had to increase her hours of work to make up on the short fall, which in turn will lower her payments when ever they may start again.........so you just can't win with them!!
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 06:00 PM
Originally Posted by iwlass
Is this due to the way in which they calulate your allowance?

Don't they use the amount you earnt last year as an estimate of what you will earn this year, and then they correct it by deducting if you've actually earnt more?

yes, a bit like your tax code! Which is most annoying, year before last my OH had a good year, last year not so good, but he had to pay the higher tax bracket because of the previous years earnings! They've got you no matter which way you look at it
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 06:01 PM
its a shame that she has tried to stand on her own 2 feet and been hammerd for it.............
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-03-2005, 09:44 PM
Something similar happened to me a year or two back.
I was on Disbility living allowance, incapacity benefit, and also receiving housing benefit.

They said they overpaid my housing benefit, as my other benefits changed from Income support to Incapacity B, and I didn't let them know (I did let them know, but they should know anyway - they give me the benefits!)
They said I owed them something like £400. We went to the CAB, and the man there was great.
He filled in all the forms, and took it to small claims court! I didn't have to do a thing!
In the end, I only had to pay back approx £150!
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

15-03-2005, 10:50 AM
Ok Im stood against the wall, can I wear a blindfold? Please make it quick!!!

*Note to myself must try harder to squeeze money out of people*
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 10:58 AM
lol @roxy I don't think it's your fault ....
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

15-03-2005, 11:22 AM
Well seeing as I work for the IRS and have worked for the FITC, I think your all picking on me!
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2005, 11:35 AM
not at all .....I work for BP and i didn't start the fuel crisis......urm now theres a thought LOL
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran

15-03-2005, 11:38 AM
Inca Im only joking I know you all love me really!

*Sits in a corner, feeling unloved*
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >