Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Chris_Collins
Dogsey Junior
Male 

27-05-2008, 12:50 PM

Qualifications and experience

Well here I go!

Have just signed up, and parted with a substantial wodge of cash to get some much needed experience and training to begin my career working with dogs.

I know some of you will say that its not necessary and all I need is time and practice..but for those who dont know, im hoping to get into SaR sniffering in New Zealand, and the qualifications will come in handy.

The website lives here.

It was recommended to me through numerous sources - kennel club, vets, rescue centres, and a famous face on tv - so cant be that bad.

Now the race is on - get the equivalent of a foundation degree (1 years study normally) down in 6 months

Anyway - the reason im posting is that im sure that other people may be interested in doing something similar, and this looks to be more reputable of the courses available.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-05-2008, 12:55 PM
I'm hoping to do some of these courses later this year/early next year after I have finished my grooming course (which I hope to start in July). Best of luck, let us know how you find them!
nickyboy
Dogsey Senior
Male 

28-05-2008, 02:56 PM
i applied for a couple of the courses at the start of the year- but changing work commitments an increasingly demanding young family and an increasingly demanding GSD pup meant that i just couldnt give it the focus i wanted to - if i win the lottery in the next couple of weeks i got till january to get the first phases done on the two i opted for but i aint holding my breath

i will say the tutors seemed nice and the courses are both extensive and interesting