Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2006, 07:49 PM

What do you think to Ouiji Boards?

Just wondered what everyone thought to Ouiji boards?
It arose in topic of conversation last night with friends of mine about how certain people were curious about Ouiji boards...so i thought where do i go for information and views? here of course
Foxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:01 PM
I have never used one Luke but I remember my sister saying years ago that a vicar of a church warned her and her friend never to use one because it can contact evil spirits or something. I remember a friend of mine at school saying she had used one and it spelled out mum dead - which was true cos her mum had died but I can't remember anything else. Don't think I would be brave enough to use one though - well actually I KNOW I wouldn't be
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:08 PM
ive never used one myself , i think its all in the imagination
Zoundz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:12 PM
have a few bits of literature on them - one book specifically about them - though I must say that all areas of the darker and more complex side of the occult should be heavily researched before dabbling. They can be dangerous things - I know not whether they are realy able to contact spirits - it depends what you believe I suppose, but they can cause a lot of fear - and must be used only with very great caution.

Personally I am interested in all areas of the occult, and ouija boards fascinate me. however, as far as methods of divination go - I prefer scrying with glass and tarot.

hth

xx
Jules1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:25 PM
Used to do stuff like that when i was at school.
My advice is to stay away from them as they are dangerous!!!!
I wouldn't ever use one again!
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:33 PM
never used one and too scared to!
heard bad stories about them and people dying etc . wether theres any truth in it i dont know, but i think they contact evil spirits.
Radar Ears
Dogsey Senior
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Hi all,

Please don't think I'm cranky will you, but I've sat in what they call a "spiritual circle" which is fine, it's just for peaceful meditation, that type of thing, although I have seen spirit, it was a victorian lady, with a grey dress and white apron and her hair pulled back into a bun.

That is not the same as an ouiji board, that conjures up the poltergeists and bad spirits, especially the ones that are in "Limbo" which means that they have done something real bad in life and have not been forgiven and have not made the whole journey to the other side.

DO NOT EVER TOUCH THEM !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:41 PM
Horrible things ! dabbled with them when I was younger ..they scared the pants off me ..I'm not sure how much was in the mind and how much was in the cider but still think they are scarey
Jenny234
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-02-2006, 08:47 PM
out of interest does anyone have any stories to tell about this board and their own personal experience?
if u dont feel u can dont worry, but would be interestin
Steve
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

19-02-2006, 08:47 PM
A group of us did one donkeys years ago with someone who was 'experienced' in it.Everything did excally what was supposed to happen (glass moved to various letters,spelling out words),but...

Im a total sceptic and still to this day dont believe what happened was anything supernatural.The human mind is a very complex thing and subliminal suggestion is something i think is what makes us believe what we see is true.

Watch Derren Brown's episode 'seance ' and how people can be made to think what he wants them to think...
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >