Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 09:00 AM

Wish I hadnt done that.....

I went out sat night with two work collegues for Tapas. Never had tapas before it was lovely. We had olives, sundried tomato and olive bread, potatoes with tomatos, potatoes with peppers, spicy ribs, garlic mushrooms, mushrooms stuffed with cheese, battered tiger prawns, garlic prawns, and pork loin marinated in paprika and garlic on toasted french bread. It was fantastic, thing is we also had 5 bottles of red wine between the three of us I was absolutely wasted. We spent £25 on the food and £56 on wine!! OH was picking me up and I made him wait half an hour cos a) I was so drunk it took me ages to get to him b) I completly lost track of time, because I was so drunk.......

So I had the cold shoulder from OH yesterday, and the hangover from hell, I didnt get out of bed until 1.20. I really wish I hadnt druck so much. I couldnt remember getting home, which scares me. I also made a right **** of myself infront of my work mates, and now have to face them today.

I really wish I hadnt drunk that much.......
rich c
Almost a Veteran
Male 

20-02-2006, 09:30 AM
Bet you've been saying "NEVER AGAIN!!!" to yourself a lot eh?

Also I bet your colleagues go "That was brilliant! When are we going out again!"
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:00 AM
Originally Posted by rich c
Bet you've been saying "NEVER AGAIN!!!" to yourself a lot eh?

Also I bet your colleagues go "That was brilliant! When are we going out again!"
I must have said "never again" about a hundred times yesterday........
Ella's Mum
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:09 AM
oh no your not the first or last to do that i once went out to a nightclub , was totally wasted phoned o/h at 10 pm he told me to leave and he will meet me me being me was yea ok i rolled out of there 2 am when it shut !!! he had been waiting the whole time outside he didn talk to me for a week as i feel down the steps and ripped my skirt ! gut he thought i been up to something and i haden was just very very wasted !!!
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:21 AM
Originally Posted by Ella's Mum
oh no your not the first or last to do that i once went out to a nightclub , was totally wasted phoned o/h at 10 pm he told me to leave and he will meet me me being me was yea ok i rolled out of there 2 am when it shut !!! he had been waiting the whole time outside he didn talk to me for a week as i feel down the steps and ripped my skirt ! gut he thought i been up to something and i haden was just very very wasted !!!
Thing is he'd phoned me 4 times but I hadnt heard my phone ring.

If I made my OH wait 5hrs he'd prob have gone home and changed the locks!!

(Hes fine now BTW, made him a fry up for his dinner and about 4 cups of tea, and he's fine, it's all forgotton about, and I've just told him i'll take him out for his birthday on Sat, cos I feel so guilty )
Pita
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 10:52 AM
You are not the first, at least you waited till you were adult. Bet you will think twice about red wine next time, it must be the very worst thing to over indulge in particularly if it was not of the very highest quality.

Hope you are better to day and I bet the rest had a headache too so don't worry too much I doubt if they can remember either.
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:00 AM
Headaches gone now, thank god. Im sure shadow knew some how that I was ill and it was self inflicted, she kept barking all day REALLY loud.

The red wine was really nice, its was a spanish wine, beginning with R, cant remeber what it was called, but it cost £14 a bottle. But the thought of drinking anthing alcoholic now makes me feel queesy, I just dont have a head for drink anymore.
Murphy
Almost a Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:13 AM
LOL was it Rioja ?? ( not sure if thats spelt right ) Red wine is the worlds worst for headaches

I went out with new workmates a couple of weeks ago -had to stop the taxi and get one of my new mates to hold my hair ..they didn't think any worse of me ( lovely peeps ) and we are planning the next night out ....funnily enough we had Tapas too
shadow_the_staff
Dogsey Senior
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:16 AM
Originally Posted by Murphy
LOL was it Rioja ?? ( not sure if thats spelt right ) Red wine is the worlds worst for headaches
thats the one! Yes, I dont know why I thought I'd be able to consume that much wine and be ok, Im usually tipsy after one glass! I must have had about 6 glasses at least, makes me feel sick thinking about it.......
Bodhi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-02-2006, 11:17 AM
We went for tapas on our anniversary... Had to wait over and hour for a table, then when we ordered were told it would take 45mins to cook.

Asked for 5 mins to decide, and the waitress said we HAD to order now as it was getting late (yeah - we had realised this being there AN HOUR already), so we just went.. err ok, yeah we'll have it.

I was p*ssed off by this point so we decided to cancel the order and leave.

The manager comes up to us, and says, "the chef is cooking it already, what are we going to do with this food, it's a waste" and basically tried to guilt trip us into staying!

CHEEKY ******.

A) we order literally 5 second before we cancelled.

B) We had been there OVER and hour

c) this was a CHAIN restaurant and was PACKED. They will have made an absolute fortune that night.

So we just said stuff your paella we're going home. And got a curry takeaway which cost less that a tenner

If he had apologised for our wait, and said look, I'll give you 10% discount or something we would have stayed!! We had already spent a fortune at the bar!!

So, even though the food is REALLY nice, we can never go back to the one in liverpool!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >