Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
terrier69
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:10 PM
Originally Posted by esmed View Post
I agree with number 8 on Wishbones list. You'd think they get the point that the fact they've never had an order from you from the 20 catalogues they've left you means you're not likely to ever order anything!

And then they put snotty notes through the door because you haven't left the catalogue out on the specified date. Sorry but I have more important things to do/worry about than when to leave a bloody catalogue out for collection.

These days I accidently leave them where Monty can reach them, he has a flick through and "cuts" out all the bits he thinks I might be interested in!!
If I'm in a good mood, mine stays on the doorstep until they collect it.
If I'm not it gets put in the recycling.... as I know they have to pay for every catalogue they put out, in which case they might get the hint!
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:17 PM
People who don't answer your e-mails/letters/phone calls!!!! How very rude!!!!

Doctor's receptionists who think they're more important than the doctors!!!

Screaming kids,like the ones opposite me on their bouncy castle ALL day long (why do they have to do that then??)

Don't stop me I'm on a roll now!!!!
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:39 PM
I've got a few more.

I hate it when people who are younger than my mum (who's in her sixties) call her "love" or "sweetheart", I find it really disrespectful.

People who let their kids do the answering machine message (sorry if any of yours do!!!)

Oh, and just going back to stupid names for children.....I had an email through years ago about daft names parents gave their kids and the best one that still cracks me up now are the parents who called their daughter Clamydia.
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 03:40 PM
Originally Posted by JanieM View Post
I've got a few more.

I hate it when people who are younger than my mum (who's in her sixties) call her "love" or "sweetheart", I find it really disrespectful.
People who let their kids do the answering machine message (sorry if any of yours do!!!)

Oh, and just going back to stupid names for children.....I had an email through years ago about daft names parents gave their kids and the best one that still cracks me up now are the parents who called their daughter Clamydia.
You are soooo right with that one, I hate it too if I'm ever called "love" or "sweetheart" that's for the kiddies thankyou, except for gayboys who are allowed to call me "my love" coz that's kind of endearing!

All this modern "beeping" technology ordering me about, i.e. the tumble dryer beeps at me when it's finished - why? I can remember I put stuff in there, so why can't it just stop and be quiet when it's done, why does it have to demand my attention like that? The microwave beeps at me when it's done too, and yet I'm standing there waiting for it, i do KNOW I put the stuff in there for a few minutes. Then there's the mobile phone beeping at me, usually in the middle of the night, coz it needs charging like NOW!!! Grrrr
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:06 PM
Talking of silly names...I used to know a kid called Blue...his second name was Black...seriously!

Oh and I was a teenager when people (trying to be polite here) were calling their kids Jason and Kylie (there were twins born around that time in one of the local villages and yeah, that was their names). Dear oh dear.

I hate this new thing, don't know if you guys get this or not, you get the phone ringing at all sorts of weird times and it's an automated message or 'public service' message..usually about debt or health cover or something! Drives me demented! If I wanted to know about that stuff I'd bloody ASK!
Tillymint
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:25 PM
Talking of silly names my hubby wanted to call our dog "stay"!! can you imagine the confusion it woud have caused! I wouldn't have it though
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:54 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
English ones also get a bit desperate - I`ve had to teach a Ruaridh, a Niamh (both sets of parents from Essex), a Summer, an Asia, a Ginger (who wasn`t BTW) and a Scarlett. Not a John or Betty in sight anymore.

Asia and Ginger! Why, oh why! The mind boggles!

Now, seeing as we're on the name Niamh....I like the name, BUT I like it spelled the way it's pronounced....like Neve.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 05:57 PM
Originally Posted by Ripsnorterthe2nd View Post
Oooh that was going to be my next one!

It's called a rising inflection and this article expresses my feelings pretty acurately.

People on TV do it all the time and it quite simply drives my nuts!
Oh god, I have to agree with this one as wel! I hate it!

Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
That`s going out of fashion with the kids now. I think it started with the Australian soaps. Now they need to talk like de gangstas. It cracks me up on the train when the Girls High School lot get on in their neat uniforms and start with the `An den wi tol `im, like, ya don diss me, innit`. Then get off to meet Mummy.
Love it! (Actually, no I don't love it, but you know what I mean! ).
Tassle
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:21 PM
I know of a dog called If! I love odd names for dogs - but not kids.
Westie_N
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-04-2009, 06:27 PM
Originally Posted by Tassle View Post
I know of a dog called If! I love odd names for dogs - but not kids.

Yes, I'm with you. I don't mind funny names for dogs, but not children!

I maintain that my next dog will have a unique name!
Page 12 of 13 « First < 2 9 10 11 12 13 >