View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 07:49 PM

Dogs trust petition regarding breed ban in Dublin housing.

I have been sent this from the dogs trust dogsnaps site.I hope it is ok to crosspost it here.

Dear Rachel

Urgent News from www.doggysnaps.com.

Dublin City Council has recently banned 11 breeds of dog (including Rottweilers, Bull Terriers and German Shepherds) from all their properties, including houses, flats and estates. Existing tenants are being given a chance to rehome their animals, but if alternative accommodation can't be found, then the dogs will be destroyed. It also seems likely that these breeds will be banned from public parks - which means dog owners living in private accommodation will also be affected.
A petition to reverse the decision has been organised by Irish lobbying group ANVIL (Animals Need a Voice in Legislation). So please sign the petition today by clicking this petition link ...

and please pass this email onto everyone you know who cares about dogs.

To find out more about this injustice, you can visit our forum here.
As we all know, it's a small minority of irresponsible owners that give breeds a bad name - to punish an entire breed and all its owners is simply ridiculous. We are urging Dublin City Council to punish "deeds not breeds."
Whilst you may not live in Ireland, breed-specific legislation is becoming more commonplace all over the world, so please help us to send a signal to legislators everywhere that dog lovers will unite to oppose ill-informed, cruel laws which punish innocent dogs and their owners.
On behalf of everyone at ANVIL and DoggySnaps, thank you for your invaluable support.
Your friends at DoggySnaps

Dogs Trust is a registered Charity
If you no longer wish to receive any emails from Dogs Trust please click here

Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 08:08 PM
I have signed, what an absolute disgrace, poor dogs i fear some of them will end like those we see on limerick animal welfare as i expect some will just be dumped. And the poor people who love their dogs, it will be heartbreaking!
Deccy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 08:54 PM
This is already covered in a thread under "discussions" and the situation has progressed with a way forward found. I have copied the latest press release from the Irish Kennel Club into the discussion thread.
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-07-2007, 09:31 PM
Ok, I knew it had been discussed but this was a petition from the dogs trust so i thought I would post it separately.I will check the other thread.Thanks.
trikeschick
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 09:37 AM
I received this message from Dogs Trust this morning - couldn't see it posted anywhere else on Dogsey but apologies if I've replicated...

Urgent News from Dogs Trust.

Dublin City Council has recently banned 11 breeds of dog (including Rottweilers, Bull Terriers and German Shepherds) from all their properties, including houses, flats and estates. Existing tenants are being given a chance to rehome their animals, but if alternative accommodation can't be found, then the dogs will be destroyed. It also seems likely that these breeds will be banned from public parks - which means dog owners living in private accommodation will also be affected.

A petition to reverse the decision has been organised by Irish lobbying group ANVIL (Animals Need a Voice in Legislation). So please sign the petition today by clicking this petition link ... http://www.petitiononline.com/anvil999/petition.html

and please pass this email onto everyone you know who cares about dogs.

The breeds banned are:English Bull Terrier, Staffordshire Bull Terrier, American Pit Bull Terrier, Rottweiler, German Shepherd (Alsatian), Doberman, Rhodesian Ridgeback, Japanese Akita, Bull Mastiff, Japanese Tosa and Bandog. Cross-breeds of these dogs or crosses of these dogs with any other breed are also banned. They are also threatening to ban these breeds from local parks.

As we all know, it's a small minority of irresponsible owners that give breeds a bad name - to punish an entire breed and all its owners is simply ridiculous. We are urging Dublin City Council to punish "deeds not breeds."

Whilst you may not live in Ireland, breed-specific legislation is becoming more commonplace all over the world, so please help us to send a signal to legislators everywhere that dog lovers will unite to oppose ill-informed, cruel laws which punish innocent dogs and their owners.

On behalf of everyone at ANVIL and Dogs Trust, thank you for your invaluable support.

Your friends at Dogs Trust.

Dogs Trust is the UK's largest dog welfare charity. Visit us at www.dogstrust.org.uk.
dori-katie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 10:05 AM
I have been sent this email from them to. have just signed it's awful, those poor dogs that have to be rehome it's mad.
Emm
Dogsey Veteran

21-07-2007, 10:08 AM
I've signed it! This is totally outrageous
Fudgeley
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 10:41 AM
I did post this the other day. Another thread will not hurt i feel.
morganstar
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-07-2007, 10:48 AM
I've signed, i read about this in the dog press.
Its ludicrous.
Janay15
Dogsey Junior
Female 

21-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I just signed. Absolutely ridiculous.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >