View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hevvur
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:42 AM
Thandi - could you please show us where you found it's a spoof?
Theres nothing online to suggest this....
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 06:59 AM
It was on BBC Breakfast yesterday morning - maybe you could try and find a rerun via their website?
It was suggested by one of the guests in the discussion that it might be a spoof (due to the channels reputation) and the other guest (kidney charity campaigner) thought that while it was distasteful - which I am sure most of us do, it gave them (campaigners) the chance to educate the wider public about Kidney disease and disorders.

HTH
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

31-05-2007, 09:27 AM
I am 100% certain that it's no hoax. M'Colleage lives and works out there and he was sorry that it wasn't. Adding "Bloody idiots, giving us Dutch people a bad name"

I think someone on the BBC website made a good point. The Dutch, on the whole, are an extremely tolerant and easy-going nation. (The more I learn about The Netherlands, the more I want to move out there.) Companies like Endemol are simply serving to take advantage of that attitude they have.
dollyknockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 09:36 AM
Ito am not a fan of big brother , at the start it was ok ,but now its not even considered entertainable as far as im concerned .
But this dutch programme to help ppl win an organ is down right bloody sick , and should not be aired never mind allowed to be made . its like playing russian roulette with ppl lives it is ****ing disgusting and the makers of this programme are scum .
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

31-05-2007, 11:07 AM
whether is is, or isnt (a hoax) I agree wholeheartedly that it is dreadful taste, and that powers that be should pull the plug.
Regarding BB, the original concept (social experiment) was ok, but it is now full of z- list 'wannabes', all hoping to get noticed.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 06:35 AM
http://uk.news.yahoo.com/rtrs/200706...r-3334b85.html
It was a hoax.
MazY
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2007, 07:45 AM
Yes, seems I owe thandi an apology. If m'colleague in The Hague was taken in then it must have been a very effective one. I still find it a VERY uncomfortable and distasteful hoax and I can't see how it accomplishes its proposed goal either, but that's a whole new blog....

Sorry, thandi. You were spot on. I'm now off top beat up m'colleague.
Krusewalker
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

02-06-2007, 08:49 AM
it was a hoax for a good cause. to promote lack of shortage of donors. "recipient" was an actress, 3 "contestants" real donees going along with the scam.
thandi
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 11:00 AM
I really appreciate that GSDLover, thank you.

I have to admit I had a (cheeky) smug grin on my face this morning when I heard it on the 5am news, but refrained from posting ;o)

Give y'colleague a schlaaap from me <g>
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
Can't comment on the second half as I don't know about that programe, but as for Big Brother, as dire / dull as some people think it is they still talk about it
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >