Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

05-11-2006, 04:18 PM

Evan - Border Collie

Evan is a very scared little boy who has come to Wiccaweys from an Irish pound.

Evan is severely traumatised. It is obvious he has been very badly beaten in the past. He is terrified of human contact.

Evan has been with us for a few weeks and is starting to make some progress. He adores the company of other dogs, and will play with them when they are alone. He scuttles away to his safe place as soon as a person enters the room.

Evan has now got to the point where he will go into the garden when called, as long as he has a safe passage, and his route to his safe place is clear for him to return. He will follow you on a lead, if you don't look at him, or make him feel like he is under any pressure.

Evan will need a very patient and gentle home.
Please ring for further details.

If you feel you can offer Evan the home he deserves, please telephone us on: 07905 203254 (please note we only accept enquiries for dogs by telephone - we like to have a chat with you!)

*All Wiccaweys dogs are vaccinated, neutered where appropriate, microchipped, flea-treated and wormed before leaving for their new homes.
*All dogs are carefully assessed within a home environment, no Wiccaweys dog is kennelled.
*All potential new Guardians are required to fill in an adoption application form and a homecheck will be carried out.
*All successful new Guardians are required to sign
an adoption contract.
*Lifetime advice, commitment and support to rehomed dogs and their new Guardians.
*Help and advice is available to all.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

05-11-2006, 05:20 PM
Evan is beautiful - what a sad story, this poor boy has obviously been through such a lot. I do hope he continues to improve and gain in confidence and find an experienced and sensitive forever home really soon.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-11-2006, 09:23 PM
Aww Bless Him What A Sad Start To His Life So Many Cruel People In This World Hurting So Many Dogs There Is No Need For It I Wish This Beauty All The Luck In The World In Finding A New Loving Home
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

19-11-2006, 09:40 PM
We are starting to look for a foster home for this special boy, we feel it is time he ventured out into the world and started experiencing things again.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

19-11-2006, 09:43 PM
aww i hope you get him a foster home so he can see what life is like and enjoy the freedom hes absolutely gorgeous
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

30-11-2006, 09:53 PM
Evan has been going out for walks on his harness round the field, he takes a bit of persuasion to get him out of his safe place in the kitchen and then off he trots having a good sniff.

I even caught him having tummy tickles with one of our volunteers and then a coat arrived for him in the post to help him keep warm on his adventures.
Ramble
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 09:55 PM
I hope Evan finds a quiet gentle place to spend his life soon.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

30-11-2006, 11:09 PM
aww bless him tummy tickles aww what a life he could have with a new home and have all the tummy tickles he could wish for good luck boy
Wiccaweys
Listed Rescue on Dogsey
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:52 PM
We think Evan may have found that much needed foster home with the tummy tickling volunteer It will all hinge with how he gets on with the other dogs in that household. Fingers crossed.
bluemerle lover
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

11-12-2006, 10:55 PM
will keep my fingers crossed
Closed Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 >