Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-12-2008, 10:57 PM

Petguard

Has anyone had any dealings with these - Montys free insurance is due to run out and i need to make sure i get him insured - back to the start again, lol.

Any decent insurance companies being recommended at the mo?

Thanks
Linda
skilaki
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:03 AM
Petplan is the best, quite pricey though.

I have also heard that for a more budget insurance plan, directline is quite good.

Apparently you shouldn't go near E&L.

I'm sure others will be here with their experiences.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:52 AM
Cheers. E&L have had a bad reputation for years, which is a shame.

I did have Sasha with M&S but what a price hike, lol!! I'd have to rob a bank to pay them Very good when they needed to pay out though, i can't fault them on that.
RRmum
Almost a Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 12:14 PM
As you will see from some of my posts recently - I am beyond gobsmacked at the price hike from M&S this time around. Mine has more than doubled from 224 to 445 with just one small claim last year - but apparently that is irrelevant they tell me!!
AXA no longer underwrite M&S - it is now Royal and Sun Alliance.
Plus the excess has gone up from £50 to £70 - not a big issue in itself but when they have doubled the premium too - just the final insult.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 01:59 PM
Mine was the same for Sasha - i've not renewed as it is too expensive but i will keep her vet free for a year (hopefully) then re-insure her with someone else so i can get all the conditions covered - the only claims i had were for x-rays so hopefully this won't be held against me - who am i trying to kid, lol??
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-12-2008, 03:35 PM
I let M & S Twe years ago because of the price hike mine was almost double. I am now with More Than. though so far (Thank goodness) I have not had to claim.

If I were you I would shop around till you find the one which is the best value for money and meets your needs.
That was what I did.
k9xxb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 07:42 PM
Petguard seem to be ok as they let you choose what you want to insure for and you get the chance of just 12 month cover per illness or continous cover - it's not one i've heard of before so just wondered what others thought.
lovezois
Fondly remembered
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:06 PM
My present policy is for £7,000 and includes public liability with a £70 excess and I pay approx £27 per month inclusive for both dogs . I have just done a quote from Petguard and for £1,000 and no Public Liability it works out at £32 inclusive for both dogs. To update it to £7,500 with public Liability with Petguard it is more than double what I am paying now.