Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hali
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:03 AM
Nice one

Originally Posted by youngstevie View Post
Thanks guys...........they are lovely aren't they.....will have to bring the extra on holiday to Scotland too....perhaps a pram will be needed on the walks......
well if you get one that can't walk far, I'm sure Andy would be happy to keep him/her company at home while we're out walking
Pidge
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 08:26 AM
Utterly, utterly admirable of you! You are amazing people - good Karma to you. I couldn't handle the loss of it all xxx
kcjack
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 12:53 PM
YAY for you what a lucky dog.

I foster oldies some much better than those pesky pups
Mum To Many
Dogsey Senior
Female 

17-12-2008, 01:00 PM
Good for you, I would want to keep them all I think. There have been some sad stories recently at the Rescue I got Brinley from where older dogs have just given up being in kennels and died or pined so much they had to be PTS as they were not eating etc. so giving an oldie the love and comfort of a family really does make a difference.
queenwillow
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 04:36 PM
You;ll have to remember to give me a kick

Well we have been asked when....and we said as soon as you like....so who knows.
i hope i dont keep one of them ,i love the oldies
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 05:43 PM
Originally Posted by Hali View Post
Nice one

well if you get one that can't walk far, I'm sure Andy would be happy to keep him/her company at home while we're out walking
Ok Andy is Offically the ''dog sitter''

Thanks Guys, just have to wait now and see if we can help out by taking one............or two

QW.....I will get one just for you.............
Toby
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:02 PM
Oh that is so thoughtful of you, for some reason I always imagine it to be harder for an old dog to find itself thrust into a shelter, a bit of a shock to the system, especially if they have come from a loving owner who has maybe died or had to go into care and there is no family to care for it.

There was a dog yesteray at the shelter where I go, an old retriever (harvey), he was lovely, looked like he had been well cared for, such a shame.

At least you can give some oldies comfort till they find their new home, well done to you and Patrick
Petticoat
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 09:45 PM
I think whoever the dog is/are, they are going to be so lucky being in your care, you are a special lady Steph
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

17-12-2008, 11:36 PM
Originally Posted by Toby View Post
Oh that is so thoughtful of you, for some reason I always imagine it to be harder for an old dog to find itself thrust into a shelter, a bit of a shock to the system, especially if they have come from a loving owner who has maybe died or had to go into care and there is no family to care for it.

There was a dog yesteray at the shelter where I go, an old retriever (harvey), he was lovely, looked like he had been well cared for, such a shame.

At least you can give some oldies comfort till they find their new home, well done to you and Patrick
Originally Posted by settagirl View Post
I think whoever the dog is/are, they are going to be so lucky being in your care, you are a special lady Steph
Thank you guys.....a oldie will suit me.....have two zoomies so something steadier will be fine.

Skye and Bruce got picked up tonight (8pm) by Dad in a bus, would you believe....they went on his bus all the way back to the garage and walked home with him................. they had a fab time. Me and the old girl Reah....had some well deserved peace
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

18-12-2008, 06:34 AM
Patrick and I have offered to foster the elderly.
I was just mentally going through what needed to be packed into my case when I made the mistake of reading on.......

Seriously, though, you and Pat have my undying admiration - any dog that gets to spend time with you will be very lucky indeed.

x0x
Page 2 of 3 < 1 2 3 >