Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Roxy
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

20-05-2005, 01:56 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
What sort of smell either I am immune after all these years or Amy has no smell. She has a feint odour of Teetree cos I wipe a drop on her before walks and never get fleas. I love the milky smell of puppies, and the soft smell on the top of a dogs head between the ears I imagine Archie has that too But then I like the smell of fresh sweat on a man so I may not be the best judge

Be honest Mini you have no sense of smell!!!!

I love doggy smell, I just wash my dogs bedding once a week, and another member of DW told me that dog deodarant spayed on their bedding works as well.
Footybird11
Dogsey Senior
Female 

21-05-2005, 07:38 AM
I have a deourdalising (?) spray that I actually got from Wilkinsons, I 've used it on my old boy and its ok, just have to spray on and then brush through. and there's a spray shampoo that don't need water I think you can get that from pets at home!? Hope that helps
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 07:42 AM
Hi tuti, you can actually buy "dog wipes" from pet shops. These are damp sheets in sealed packs, which you just wipe over Archie to keep his coat fresh and clean instead of bathing. I've never tried them though, as I bought the wrong ones - for cats! That's me all over
Archer
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 07:54 AM
Pets at home have a 'dog deoderant' which is a small pump spray bottle containing a 'coat freshener'.They do several differant smells...never tried them myself but might help with your problem
ooee
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

21-05-2005, 08:08 AM
Thanks for the suggestions

I think I might go with the wet wipes and hopefully they're not perfumed or anything... I just want to freshen him up a bit but I don't really want to add perfume or anything..
olive
Almost a Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 06:38 PM
Tuti, Just catching this thread . If you are going to use wipes make sure they don't have anything in them that will soften his lovely coat. I dust Olive with bicard ever so often, but she doesn't really smell at all. I was reading on my IT Forum that you can rub a cloth with Listerene onto the coat to neutralise the smell. I'll see if I can fish out the info. That being said I would be scared to try anything too harsh on his wee skin just now seeing that he is itching. Do you think the smell is coming from his coat or his skin, as it could be linked to the itching.
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 06:44 PM
For some reason Pickles doesn't have a doggie smell, he's always smells foisty! Likes he's been shut in a cupboard for a few years!!

Slightly off topic, but I just lurrrrve the smell of horses! Thought you might like to know that!
Saz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 06:45 PM
I spray a nice dog conditioner gently over my two when they dont get a bath, i do try to bath them every 2-3 weks because they stink otherwise
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-06-2005, 07:56 PM
apart from the obveous grooming stuff you can get i have a good tip for you

some one gave me some Johnsons dog deodorant .ok I thought it was funny as well ..but what i do is spray the dog beds with it ..it has a nice smell and after the dogs get in for a nap they come out smelling very fresh LOL
geordieboxerlover
Dogsey Senior
Female 

27-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Originally Posted by Minihaha
What sort of smell either I am immune after all these years or Amy has no smell. She has a feint odour of Teetree cos I wipe a drop on her before walks and never get fleas. I love the milky smell of puppies, and the soft smell on the top of a dogs head between the ears I imagine Archie has that too But then I like the smell of fresh sweat on a man so I may not be the best judge

lol mini i also love the smell of puppies and of fresh sweat from a man
i always thought my dad had a real manly smell when he came home from work
Page 2 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >