Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
brenda1
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 05:12 AM

Daily chat 24th September 2020

THURSDAY. Morning peeps, it's chucking it down here in not so sunny Lancing. Wondered why it was so dark? Put washing on so that it will dry indoors when it's ready to be hung up. Hope you all slept well or still sleeping. Have a good day with whatever you get up to. Bye for now. oops forgot to put. Thursday.
Sue L
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 07:42 AM
Good morning Brenda and all who follow

Hope you are feeling better Moyra

Very windy overnight and pouring when I got up. Had breakfast and fiddled around and the sun came out so took Teazle out only to be caught in another down pour. To say she isn't happy is an understatement

Hoping to get to a garden centre this morning for a couple of plants for my trough and a large pot by the greenhouse.

Hope all are well

Have a good day and stay safe.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 11:34 AM
Afternoon all been out in out and then back in the weather is fickle. Won't be going the skip as no where near ready let atone enough stuff. My brother is going at the weekend so will take mine.

Have a good day all I am off out into the garden but not sure how long for but only until the rain comes down again, would like to plant bulbs tomorrow as forecast is good so need to do the ground work today.
Ho Hum.

Had a chat with my best friend and her cancer treatment is on hold due to her choice she is waiting a body scan and a head scan again see what the results are, he speech is getting more stuttery if that's a word the cancers in her brain are growing but still she is doing well. Actually fantastically considering the situation health wise.
Chris
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 01:48 PM
Good afternoon all.

After a rainy early morning, the sun came out just in time for our walk . Still nice and sunny with blue skies so we are lucky today.

It was Rosie's birthday yesterday - 9 years old. Bless her, I'm sure it's not two minutes since I brought that little bundle who was easy to carry in the palm of my hand home.

She is wonderful, bless her. She keeps us smiling and is the easiest dog to share our lives. The years are flying by way too fast

Moyra, I hope you are feeling better by now. It's terrible for you to be in such pain so much of the time xxx
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 02:32 PM
Starting to feel like I am living in a cuckoo clock popping in and out all the while avoiding rain.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2020, 04:24 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
Had a chat with my best friend and her cancer treatment is on hold due to her choice

Sending her my best wishes, I'm on hold as well but not by my choice The Covid thing has put many cancer treatments on hold due to lack of facilities.

If her scan results show no more growth she'll be classified as 'STABLE' which is about as good as it gets if you're unlucky enough to have cancer.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2020, 04:28 PM
Moyra - Hope you're feeling better today

We've had lots of rain overnight and more this morning but actually had some sunshine around mid day.

Very boring day see you all soon.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 04:58 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
Sending her my best wishes, I'm on hold as well but not by my choice The Covid thing has put many cancer treatments on hold due to lack of facilities.

If her scan results show no more growth she'll be classified as 'STABLE' which is about as good as it gets if you're unlucky enough to have cancer.
She is on "maintenance chemo" as she puts it but it has been making her so bad the consultant has asked her what she wanted to do she decided to take a 5 week break and is on steroids. If the body scan shows the brain tumours have grown again or spread the consultant said she would look at doing more brain surgery but only if she thinks the outcome will not cause negative impact on her general health. The body scan will also show if it has changed in her lungs/chest wall. She started with breast cancer. So we wait.

Losos I am sorry you have been put on hold.
Losos
Fondly Remembered
Male 

24-09-2020, 06:23 PM
Originally Posted by Kazz View Post
the consultant has asked her what she wanted to do she decided to take a 5 week break and is on steroids.

She could also consider asking for a reduced doseage chemo, they might be able to find a level which she can tolerate with (or maybe even without) the use of steroids.
Kazz
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-09-2020, 06:33 PM
Originally Posted by Losos View Post
She could also consider asking for a reduced doseage chemo, they might be able to find a level which she can tolerate with (or maybe even without) the use of steroids.
Yes think this is the aim. She is poorly but her spirit is still her. If that makes sense.