Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 03:58 PM

A rant - snares

I just have to have a rant and say how I detest the snaring of wild animals. I live on a grouse moor and therefore come across snares all the time - thankfully I have not yet seen anything caught in them. To be fair to the gamekeepers up here, they are very professional and check their snares every day, but I really just can't stand them. I wish the use of them was banned.
elaineb
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:00 PM
Me too I think they cause so much suffering. Imagine being caught in one and lying there all night in pain. dont some animals chew their leg off to try and get away. Can you just try and imagine the pain
Not only that but other animals can get caught in them, even your dog!!! imagine that peeps
melzy
Dogsey Senior
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:03 PM
i hate it to its evil
Reisu
Almost a Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 04:54 PM
you would think really if you are going to kill something you would do it in as quick a way as possible..
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 05:03 PM
I thought they were illegal now????????!!!!

We once rode in a country house park which we weren't allowed to ride off-track, but we did We kept going down these very narrow little grassy paths amongst the bracken, and as we stopped wondering which way to go next, I looked down and my horse was just about to put his foot in one of those awful, awful wire loop snares, and as I turned him sharply to avoid it, he fell down backwards into a steep ditch! OMG that could have been nasty either way, but luckily he found a third pair of legs and he leaped out like a rocket with me still on board, I will never forget it!!! Horrible, horrible things, but I know they were banned THEN which was ages ago, but we could do nothing about it coz we weren't supposed to be where we were to see them and couldn't report it!
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-10-2008, 06:32 PM
Nope, the free running snares are still legal