Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

12-03-2008, 09:32 PM

Is it possible??

Is it possible to convert a Windows exe file to a mac file?

I have software for my doggie scanner, which came with windows program only I've spoken to the company that make it and they say they don't make it in a Mac version, but if I could find somebody to rewrite it they are happy for me to do so.

Without it I'm basically stuck, I bought a MacBook, which I thought I could carry around with me and the scanner.....but now I've hit a brick wall
Tailwagger
Dogsey Junior
Male 

15-03-2008, 04:35 PM
Try googling "windows emulator for mac" (without the quotes) and you'll find lots of ways to run windows programs on a mac. I assume the scanner plugs in to the computer so there may be a problem with the Windows emulator reading the mac ports. I've never tried this so can't be sre of this.
Good luck.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-03-2008, 09:35 PM
yes it plugs in via usb port, but the software program I will also need.

I've been looking around and have found something about installing xp on my mac at the same time, so I can still use my .exe files?

Might be my only option.....don't want to waste the £3k that I spent on the scanner if I can't use it, I think my OH will divorce me....lol.
Navigator
Dogsey Junior
Male 

16-03-2008, 06:22 PM
Wow! a doggie scanner costing £3K. What does it do??? I have full sympathy for your OH - I'd kill you too
Why not bite the bullitt and buy a PC. You should get a LapTop for £3 or 4C.

Nav
Stormey
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

16-03-2008, 06:27 PM
There is a programe on the mac call boot camp, have a search for that and see if it can help.
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-03-2008, 11:11 PM
Originally Posted by Navigator View Post
Wow! a doggie scanner costing £3K. What does it do??? I have full sympathy for your OH - I'd kill you too
Why not bite the bullitt and buy a PC. You should get a LapTop for £3 or 4C.

Nav
It's a pregnancy scanner, I already have a new desktop that it works with, but I would look rather silly visiting friends to scan their bitches carrying my desktop computer around with me....lol.

The MacBook is brand new too, so I don't think I'm going to risk asking him to buy me another laptop, because not only would he divorce me, he'd probably bury me under the patio!!