Female 

08-05-2007, 06:22 PM
That's excellent news, well done.
Becky
almo7
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2007, 09:53 AM
i have had the same problem with this company. they text me saying that i could upgrade my phone and keep the old handset as a PAYG phone. i agreed and waited for my new handset to arrive. i phoned orange to double check that the old handset would change back to a PAYG number, only to be informed that Alba Save had lied to me. Not only was my old handset not going PAYG but i would be charged for both handsets. i was advised by Orange to send the handset back and cancel it. i did this. when my next bill arrived it was for 2 handsets. Alba save are saying that they did not recieve the phone back.i have tried and tried to phone Alba save, always getting their answer machine. months have now passed and my bill is now 439.93. i find this ourtrageous. i phoned Orange and was told that they could not separate my two handsets from the screen so i an unable to pay the bill for the old handset, this has now been cancelled due to non payment. i decided to look up Alba save on the internet and found this page. Please can anyone help me, i feel as if Orange in someway has let me down, and now i have a 500 hundred pound phone bill. nicky
Petstalk
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 10:01 AM
I would ask CC who she spoke to at Orange. Or go to CAB.

Keep record of all communication.

Hope you get it sorted out,

D xxx
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

20-06-2007, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by almo7 View Post
i have had the same problem with this company. they text me saying that i could upgrade my phone and keep the old handset as a PAYG phone. i agreed and waited for my new handset to arrive. i phoned orange to double check that the old handset would change back to a PAYG number, only to be informed that Alba Save had lied to me. Not only was my old handset not going PAYG but i would be charged for both handsets. i was advised by Orange to send the handset back and cancel it. i did this. when my next bill arrived it was for 2 handsets. Alba save are saying that they did not recieve the phone back.i have tried and tried to phone Alba save, always getting their answer machine. months have now passed and my bill is now 439.93. i find this ourtrageous. i phoned Orange and was told that they could not separate my two handsets from the screen so i an unable to pay the bill for the old handset, this has now been cancelled due to non payment. i decided to look up Alba save on the internet and found this page. Please can anyone help me, i feel as if Orange in someway has let me down, and now i have a 500 hundred pound phone bill. nicky
We spoke to a lovely lady called Jackie at Orange, we also spoke to CAB and reported the company to Ofcom, the lady at Ofcom said if more people reported them then they could do something about it. We also lodged a complaint about Alba Save to Trading Standards.

Good luck, I hope you get it sorted soon.

Just to add, I had another call just this week ......conversation went:

Hello Mrs Martin, Dave from orange, just to let you know you are entitled to a free upgrade on your handset......(we checked with Orange, it wasn't them!!)

My reply: Well thank you very much Dave, I will take you up on the offer as long as you pay off the remaining 12 months I have on my other orange contract......

His reply: Oh sorry I must have looked up the wrong number, sorry to have bothered you.

Yeah right!!!!!!

Just to add, although Alba Save got your number through Orange, it's not actually Orange fault, it's Alba Save they are a nightmare to get hold of and when you do you get the same chap saying the same thing everytime and that he will ring you back and he never does.
almo7
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:08 PM
Thank you for that advice. I have phoned Trading Standards and they advised to me to write a letter to Orange and Alba save, which i am going to do immediately. if the matter is not resolved within 14days i am to phone trading standards back and report them. i feel a little better and feel i am getting on the right track. but still, having a 439 pound phone bill hanging over my head is still in the back of my mind. i feel that Orange, although not directly responsible, have let me down. They allowed Alba save access to my details which resulted in this mess, and in my opinion are therefore indirectly responsible for this mess. i will not be renewing my contract with them and advising other people i know not to do the same. they have lost my custom.
almo7
New Member!
Female 

20-06-2007, 12:10 PM
also i got through to Alba Save, finally!! and spoke to a manager there called LUGI. and i now possess his direct telephone line number. if anyone needs this please let me know i will gladly give it out
almo7
New Member!
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:15 PM
ok, things are worse. orange have now contacted the debt collectors. i cant believe this has happened. i am so pset
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

28-06-2007, 09:33 PM
Did you get in touch with Ofcom? You really need to report Alba Save, the more people that complain about them the sooner something will be done.
almo7
New Member!
Female 

29-06-2007, 10:42 AM
What is Ofcom? i have phoned trading standards and told them the situation.
Mikey
New Member!
Male 

14-09-2007, 01:19 PM
Doesn't sound good at all! Might be worth going onto a site like http://www.moneysupermarket.com/Mobi...s/default.aspx and speaking to one of the expert people, even the users might be able to help you.
Page 3 of 4 < 1 2 3 4 >