Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 10:26 AM

Mobile phone miss sold contract!

Ok, a year ago we went on Orange contract, 18 month contract. January we had a text to say we were entitled to a free upgrade (phone) with additional minutes, if interested text back YES at no extra cost.

We did this, the chap was very helpful, said the original contract number would within 14 days revert back to a PAYG number and we would get our new phone within a couple of days.

Now 3 months later, we are still paying for 2 contract numbers, have spoken to Orange and they say the phone was sold to us by a company called Alba Save Telecommunications Ltd a 3rd party representative. They had no right in saying our original contract would be cancelled and the only way it can be stopped is if we pay the £180 which is the total payment for the next 6 months.

We have been in touch with Trading Standards, they are in the process of drafting a letter, we can't get in touch by telephone to Alba Save it just goes to answer phone.

So just be warned........if you get a text offering free upgrade PLEASE be very wary of what you are getting, it's NOT A FREE UPGRADE

Orange say we have been miss sold a contract and we are now stuck with 2 payments per month totalling £80!!
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 10:28 AM
Can't you cancel the other one and just keep paying your original one? I would.
Becky
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 10:32 AM
We can't get through to Alba Save to cancel it. We didn't sign any contract but according to TS we are stuck with it unless they do the right thing and stop one of them for us.

Basically we are shafted!!
Erin
Almost a Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 10:35 AM
i always have txts coming though from o2 or so it says,asking if i want to upgrade,thanks for the warning.
im sorry you have had to go through this,i really hope you get it sorted soon
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 10:49 AM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
We can't get through to Alba Save to cancel it. We didn't sign any contract but according to TS we are stuck with it unless they do the right thing and stop one of them for us.

Basically we are shafted!!
If you're paying by standing order or direct debit you can cancel it yourself through your bank. I would and I have done. They will either get back to you pretty sharpish or they are relying on people doing nothing and just raking in the money.
Becky
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-03-2007, 11:12 AM
yeah I would be cancelling the direct debit ASAP, and then leave them to fight it out with you.
I have been on Orange for years and years and they are brilliant and I have never ever had any trouble with them
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 11:17 AM
agree cancell the DD ............they have your number if they wanna get hold of you
crazycockers
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 01:09 PM
By cancelling the DD the only thing we'll get is bad marks against our credit rating, TS's recommend we carry on paying
Brundog
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 01:16 PM
i am also having a battle with orange at the moment because i took the free broadband offer and they now wont let me downgrade my tariff - which means i am paying way more for my phone than i should be - very toime i call i get told something completely different and am just so sick of it.

i have been with orange for years and will be disconnecting as soon as my contract ends.
Mahooli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

13-03-2007, 02:27 PM
Originally Posted by crazycockers View Post
By cancelling the DD the only thing we'll get is bad marks against our credit rating, TS's recommend we carry on paying
Well it;s up to you but I'd cancel it. I couldn't afford it! Rather slightly less of a credit rating than no money.
Becky
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 >