Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2006, 01:42 PM

Your mobile recommendations....

Hi all,

Recently my Sony Ericsson developed a mind of its own. Turns on when it feels like, Turns off when it feels like, plays random noises, makes random phone calls etc etc Its driving me nuts!!! 3 ( my network and phone provider as i am on contract) are a pain in the neck to deal with so i have decided to take the plundge and just get a new phone.

I quite like the pink motorola Pebl but i just want a reliable phone that isnt going to mess around and cost me an arm and a leg to repair every 3 months.

So your mission, should you choose to except it is to give me your professional opinions on good reliable mobiles that wont let you down in an emergency!!
I hope this message wont self destruct but if it starts making strange noises and starts to shake alittle please stand well back

Best wishes Jay xx
eRaze
Administrator
Male 

24-07-2006, 01:47 PM
I have on old Nokia 7210 and its still going strong

But out of all the recent ones I know of that family/friends have the Samsung D500/600s look really nice
Zuba
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:00 PM
I have gone through two phones with my contract both the first two were nokias the N70 (plastic camera cover snapped off after 2 weeks) and 6280 (dust got into the screen within a week) I now have a motorola razr v3x and have had it since march with no problems (touch wood), my partner really rates his nokia N80 but has been told that the N81 is better (it wasn't about when he got his phone). hope this helps
Willow
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:08 PM
Originally Posted by eRaze
I have on old Nokia 7210 and its still going strong

But out of all the recent ones I know of that family/friends have the Samsung D500/600s look really nice
We (Husband and I) both still have our old Nokia's and they are going strong still ! We use them for backup's when our new phones go to pot. Although I now have a Samsung D600 and I've never had any probs with it, I love it !
zero
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:16 PM
I've had samsung and motorola before but I have to say my fave phones are sony ericsson though, maybe you just had an unlucky one?

I have had the k750i and now the k800i it is the easiest phone to hook up to your computer and transfer stuff (pictures etc) and has a excellent 3.2 megapixel camera. Battery life is good to.

One of my phones had a problem a couple times and they just fixed it for me as part of the contract.
Dalmonda
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:48 PM
Hi there myschievous i have the sony ericsson k800i and i did love it before it broke. i have loads of time left on my contract where (unless i pay to have the phoen repaired) i will be paying £15 a month for a phone that doesnt work.

Thanks all for your input keep 'em coming!!
Borderdawn
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:51 PM
I have a Motorola V3X I really like it, easy to use, loads of gadgets (that I dont use) but loads that i do.
Dawn.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 02:52 PM
My hubby's just bought the Samsung D500 It's a brilliant little phone, he was going to go for the D600 but the only difference apparently, is you get a bit more memory and the camera's better on the D600...but he wasn't bothered about extra memory so he went for the D500 model

It's a smart looking little thing He's also got the blue tooth headset, and a body glove (case) that it fits in x
Inca
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2006, 03:04 PM
i have a samsung D600 ..superb phone
rob
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

24-07-2006, 03:16 PM
I've got a Motorola V235
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >