View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 04:24 PM

Polo Pancho (warm wear for dogwalking) (review)

Don't know whether this is the right place but as I was walking this morning I thought I'd pass it on.

Polo Pancho is a long tube of fleece with side slits up about half of the way, giving 2 'flaps'. You fold the top down and place over your head so that one flap goes down your chest and one down the back. It is incredibly warm, better than a hat / scarf combination as there is no gap for the wind to get in. As you get cold you unfold the top and pull up over your ears, or again and over your head. It is thin enough to wear under a motorbike helmet too.

We took them to Lapland and in temps of -15, we managed to sweat!!!!!

Here are a couple of links

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Polo-pancho-fl...QQcmdZViewItem

http://www.kiwiinnovations.com/pancho/pancho.htm

Edited to say - That is not me selling them!!
maplecottage
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 06:04 PM
Good old Kiwi ingenuity

Looks great...not in purple though

Excellent, thanks
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 06:24 PM
Hi Ingrid, they are really good. We got ours from a 'stall' in the shopping centre, I think they were about £10 each, but worth every penny. I didn't know they were on Ebay, found them when I googled for the proper website to post here
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 09:32 PM
Sounds great Ashlady, especially for this current climate, and predicted gale force North winds from tomorrow, b - u - t, I am having a slight reservation about the unfolding part from the chest up, to cover the ears.... the face.... the head, as I can just imagine me pedalling away on me bike, getting colder and colder, unfolding, and unfolding, and suddenly ...... crash! Helen ends up in a ditch coz she can't see where she's going!! You know what happens to me on that bike sometimes! A quick reminder, loose handlebars, wheels falling off, Helen falling off etc. etc. I think I would love one of those though???!!! Is it safe????
Ashlady
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 09:36 PM
Originally Posted by Helena54
Sounds great Ashlady, especially for this current climate, and predicted gale force North winds from tomorrow, b - u - t, I am having a slight reservation about the unfolding part from the chest up, to cover the ears.... the face.... the head, as I can just imagine me pedalling away on me bike, getting colder and colder, unfolding, and unfolding, and suddenly ...... crash! Helen ends up in a ditch coz she can't see where she's going!! You know what happens to me on that bike sometimes! A quick reminder, loose handlebars, wheels falling off, Helen falling off etc. etc. I think I would love one of those though???!!! Is it safe????
For you???? Now there's a million dollar question The spare will be on it's way but only if you promise to take photos!!!! :smt044
Helena54
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-11-2005, 09:50 PM
Point taken Ashlady, I suppose nothing's safe for me, or even with me come to that hey!! Who shall I get to take the pics then, Cassie or Georgie!!??