View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 03:59 PM

I sorry but £750 for a dog with a fault?

No blue is not recognised by our KC for weimys, so why?

"Beautiful Blue weimaraner pups, both parent recently imported from the USA. This is the 1st blue/blue litter in UK. I have 5 blue's and 1 silver. Both parents have lovely temperaments. All puppies will be wormed docked and have dew claws removed, the puppies will be KC reg, as blue is not a recognised colour yet, they will be unable to be shown, but will be wonderful pets or working/trial dogs. This is an amazing colour, which is just being introduced to the UK. I will be standing the blue dog at stud."
DobieGirl
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:01 PM
whats the fault?
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Read that wrong to start with thought it said £750 on a dog is a fault and thats what I paid for Loki so was getting ready to defend myself!

People with more money then sense often believe the more they pay for something the more special it must be and these breeders are probably saying the colour is rare not a fault! People like this dont care about the dogs or the breed just their bank balance
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:03 PM
Originally Posted by DobieGirl View Post
whats the fault?
The colouring. She has imported 'blue' dogs from the usa to breed here, but our KC will only recognise silver to mousey/roe grey.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:05 PM
Lol Hannah, don't worry! I paid that for Maddy too And she is from top lines, I hate when people do this and I get oh so defensive when it's 'my' breed
Hannah
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:07 PM
Originally Posted by random View Post
Lol Hannah, don't worry! I paid that for Maddy too And she is from top lines, I hate when people do this and I get oh so defensive when it's 'my' breed
I get easily confused!
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:38 PM
Personally i dont see the problem....

The breeders are being very honest saying its not recognised in the UK. They have gone to a lot of trouble (and a LOT of expense!!) to import these dogs into the UK and £750 doesn't seem at all unreasonable to me. You can pay up to that for a Lab!! People will know they cant show the dogs, but they will have KC registered dogs, which are unusual (which is what the price tag is for!!). I wouldn't say its a fault, it is just not recognised. It doesn't mean it wont be though, breed standards are updated.
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:43 PM
Maybe they will be recognised Jessica, but the only reason I see for breeding is to better the breed. So both parents are to be sound dogs of as close as possible to the breed standard.

Blue isn't even in our breed standard...
Jessica
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:48 PM
I can only assume that with the parents being registered that they will have imported good dogs from America. It seems stupid to spend thousands importing dogs that aren't any good.

Im also assuming that Blue is recognised in America? If that is the case then they are adding new bloodlines to the UK (usually a good thing!!) as well as maybe introducing a new colour which may well in time be recognised.

Whether or not thats right, its what any sensible person would expect!! But regardless, i dont think thats a huge price for those dogs. You will pay more than that for these designer mutts people keep inventing. If people will pay the prices, people will advertise the pups. If you dont like the colour you dont have to buy it, so i dont see what the problem is??
random
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

27-10-2006, 04:58 PM
I have already expressed my honest opinion here, it is not recognised in our country and so is considered a fault.

If they are recognised later down the line that is all fair and well, but at least for the time being they are not, and she is charging the same kind of price you would expect to pay for a well bred pup of good lines.

It seems as though she is introducing a 'fad' to me. I'm all for introducing new blood if it is for the good of the breed, and she could have chosen a silver dog and done this if this was her aim, but her aim was obviously to introduce a blue. Reasons obviously only known to herself.
Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 4 > Last »