View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 02:45 PM
Yes it is going to be hard this weekend but it is best in the long run. I'm going to see there house tonight, there's been a bit of a change of plan. So I would presume they haven't anything to hide, if you know what I mean. (Don't want to sound awful but I think you all know what I mean)

So I will report back tonight, after I come back.

Yes tuning in the tv is going to be fun I bet.

Ian
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

13-09-2006, 10:10 PM
Hello everyone,

Well good news so far!!! The house is ok, she adores animals, the back yard is fairly big and he will have two cats from next door on the tin roof of the garage to keep him happy.

Her and her mother were there, her mam will be there all the time - I don't know how long for though.

The only concern I have, well two actually, firstly she just sprang on me that she has a three year old son, which is no problem as long as Blackie's rear end isn't prodded or pulled. Secondly her fiance never came out of the garage, he was supposedly working on a car. So I'm a bit worried about this in case he doesn't want Blackie there and they do.

She is going to pick Blackie up on Friday tea-time and return him either Sunday or Monday or earlier if there are problems, which I hope there isn't.

She is going to do it for free, so if she does a good job of it I will give her something when I get out of hospital.

He is going to have a great time, she has laminated flooring throughout the downstairs.

I have taken a few things over for his stay, he is wondering what is going on, I have come back in and he hasn't even acknowledged me yet.

In a way I wish I was in hospital and can't do or worry any more. I'm going to be a nervous wreck now till I go into hospital.
Ian
tawneywolf
Female  Gold Supporter 

13-09-2006, 10:34 PM
This is the worst time for you because by now you are probably wracked with some sort of guilt feeling about leaving him. He probably hasn't acknowledged you because you are probably giving out these huge guilty vibes and he has no idea why or if he has done something to upset you.
Just give him plenty of reassurance that you still love him, it is going to be hard for things to be 'normal' but just try and do your normal routine with him.
Perhaps it would be nice if you could arrange to get some of Blackies food over to her in bulk form or something so he is paying for his keep as it were, also how about arranging some flowers to be sent to her on the day you actually go in?
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

14-09-2006, 08:13 AM
Hi,

Great minds think alike! I was thinking of sending some flowers when I go in, she seems to like flowers, there were a lot of dried arrangements in the house and some expensive looking ornaments around the place - hope Blackie doesn't crash into any of them. I am sending a bulk load of food and treats up to her when he goes for good, well until I'm out of hospital. I have asked her to keep a tab on what she spends on him and I will refund her, but she says don't be silly. But when it is all over I will give her something for her time and trouble.

I have had a lousy night, I feel worse now than I did before he had a place, I think I'll be like this for a while, it's only natural though.

I think I know why her partner didn't come in, I think when she said he was working in the garage, she meant he goes into there, I think he may have either been out or at his parents etc, so that has taken a worry from me.

Bye for now.

Ian
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

14-09-2006, 08:52 AM
It is only natural to worry as you are doing. It is great that Blackie has found somewhere to stay and after the weekend, when you know he has settled ok, you will feel a whole lot better I am sure. Must be sooo hard for you
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 06:25 PM
Hello everyone,

Well the lady has been and taken Blackie for the weekend, he went no problem, he actually led her to her car and jumped striaght in and sat in the pasenger seat. I don't know when he is coming back, either Sunday night or Monday Moring.

I have just had a phone call off her, he has had a good sniff about and checked his bed (I took it over when we went to see them) then happily jumped onto ther soft leather couch and has fell asleep.

I'm so pleased that it appears that he is happy, it's still early days though.

I don't know why but I am shaking like a leaf and earlier i was sick. I know that he is in good hands, I don't know what's the matter with me.

I can still here him breathing and snorring, and I'm still going to talk to him. I think the worst part for me will be tomorrow morning when I come down stairs to an empty house.

I think a wee nip of whiskey may be called for to try and calm myself down.

I'll keep you all infromed.

Ian
Het
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 06:35 PM
must be terrible for you Ian, missing him but at the same time hoping he is happy with them.

You just need to focus on getting through everything else and then getting back home to him, and at least this time its just for the weekend
My best wishes to you and Blackie

xx Het
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 06:40 PM
It's got to hurt, Ian, because you are always with him and he you (apart from your hospital stay). Blackie, as he has demonstrated, will be perfectly fine. You are the one that is in my prayers honey. Hugs xxx
Hoggett
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

15-09-2006, 08:54 PM
Thank you every one for your support and kind words.

One thing that I have realised, and that is that I NEED Blackie more than he needs me. Which in a way I am happy with, just in case anything ever happens to me, he isn't going to grieve.

Ian
Miss Potter
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

15-09-2006, 09:17 PM
I am so glad Blackie seems to be 'sorted' for your hospital stay! She sounds like a wonderful lady!
I really feel for you and what you are going through! I cannot begin to imagine what you are feeling! Just know that we are thinking of you!
Page 5 of 6 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 >