Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

02-04-2006, 01:54 PM
Originally Posted by newfiedreams
Is EVERYONE in love with Mic?? He must have some sort of Charisma huh??? LOL
not me....but I do think hes a fantastic trainer...as are Rob and Debbie.
Hopefully there will be another series, there really isnt anything else like it on TV, every other training show Ive seen for years now are all basically done the same way.
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

03-04-2006, 04:07 PM
Sorry I beg to differ, I think my views are known on their outdated training methods so will just say i beg to differ

I don't think there will be another series...
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-09-2006, 03:43 PM
Originally Posted by Wysiwyg
I don't think there will be another series...

How much do you want to bet?
Azz
Administrator
Male 

06-09-2006, 03:49 PM
What do you know that we don't AJ?

(ps there is a newer thread here: http://www.dogsey.com/showthread.php?t=42732 )

(pps I think there will be another series too)
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-09-2006, 03:57 PM
Thanks for the link!

Didnt realise how old the thread was you see..
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

06-09-2006, 03:58 PM
Yes, there tis going to be another - boo! LOL

The female trainer I believe is going, and has been replaced with a working trials trainer. I train for working trials and read the mag etc but haven't heard of her, I forget her name! Oops .

She could be very very good, or she could be very very bad, guess we'll have to "wait and see"

I just so want a good clicker trainer or something to provide some sort of contrast to the others. I like Rob but I wish he'd just update a tiny bit, just my view.
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

06-09-2006, 04:06 PM
Lynns the name, and she is a very good trainer. In fact they all are

Im not overly sure what clicker training is to be honest, so please forgive my ignorance, but i think its also a heavily reward based method?

Myself and my girlfriend have been trained to just give food rewards once a task is completed i.e. she brings the toy back, responds to a recall demand, responds to 'NO' etc. I know there are some methods of training though say that if you're dog is not misbehaving, you should give her a treat?!?! So basically constantly feeding her??

Cant be right surely?
Flipper
Dogsey Senior
Female 

06-09-2006, 05:51 PM
Originally Posted by AJL
How much do you want to bet?
Starts next month doesnt it?
Wysiwyg
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

07-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Originally Posted by AJL
Lynns the name, and she is a very good trainer. In fact they all are

Im not overly sure what clicker training is to be honest, so please forgive my ignorance, but i think its also a heavily reward based method?

Myself and my girlfriend have been trained to just give food rewards once a task is completed i.e. she brings the toy back, responds to a recall demand, responds to 'NO' etc. I know there are some methods of training though say that if you're dog is not misbehaving, you should give her a treat?!?! So basically constantly feeding her??

Cant be right surely?
Do you know Lynn? is that how you know she's a good trainer?

Re the clicking, it's a popular method of training, many people who compete are using it now. I believe there is a clicker article on Dogsey written by Alison, that will explain most of it. I clicker train for working trials training and find it gets very good results.

Not sure about your question re the food - could it be confused with the idea of rewarding your dog when he/she is behaving? I do this, it's much more productive to reward for specific instances (eg if you have an active dog who settles, you can reward for that with a stuffed kong) and it can teach them what is required....
AJL
Dogsey Junior
Male 

07-09-2006, 01:57 PM
Re the food - Sort of. I was trained to feed once a task is completed, which was contrary to some one else who said i should be shovelling food down her mouth if she is just sat doing nothing

As for Lynn - Saw her in action this weekend
Page 17 of 18 « First < 7 14 15 16 17 18 >