Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 04:30 PM
Originally Posted by labradork View Post
If you don't correct the dog then he doesn't know what he is doing wrong. My Lab is a humper and if he tries it on, I'll take him by the collar and pull him off with a verbal reprimand.

I agree and yes, we've all done this with Lucky, correcting him firmly whenever he does it. I swear it makes no difference at all.

Many thanks though
JanieM
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:24 PM
Do neutered males give off a "come get me" type scent? If so you could spray your dog with something to cover this up, a bit like some people do with their bitches when they're in season.

We have a dog friendly apple spray for if Mags has rolled in something icky, might be worth a try for you.
maxine
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:35 PM
I had a similar problem with my mother's neutered Springer constantly humping one of my boys. I told him to stop and he ignored me, I tried to pull him off and he growled at me, and then turned to bite me when I insisted. I set my plant mister to squirt and used it on the back of his head from a safe distance the next time he did it, whilst giving a firm "No!". After 2 attempts he was receptive to "No!" without being squirted, after 2 weeks he had stopped doing it completely.
TabithaJ
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-01-2011, 06:45 PM
Originally Posted by maxine View Post
I had a similar problem with my mother's neutered Springer constantly humping one of my boys. I told him to stop and he ignored me, I tried to pull him off and he growled at me, and then turned to bite me when I insisted. I set my plant mister to squirt and used it on the back of his head from a safe distance the next time he did it, whilst giving a firm "No!". After 2 attempts he was receptive to "No!" without being squirted, after 2 weeks he had stopped doing it completely.

Many thanks - I think we may follow your example since nothing else seems to work, cheers
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2