Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 08:52 AM

Can we agree on ANYTHING??!!

Ok guys, sticking my head above the parapet here. But after a lot of shall I say rather ahem..........heated....debates recently, any chance we could all find something we ACTUALLY all agree on?? Now come on people....I know you can do it. There must be something out that there that none of us can argue about. Well.....let me think. Urrrrrrrrm....Oh yeah. WE ALL LOVE DOGS!!!! Now if anyone dares disagree with that then they can.......ahem, well I'll leave that to the imagination!
mad4jacks
Dogsey Junior
Female 

22-01-2011, 08:56 AM
Originally Posted by tillytheterrier View Post
Ok guys, sticking my head above the parapet here. But after a lot of shall I say rather ahem..........heated....debates recently, any chance we could all find something we ACTUALLY all agree on?? Now come on people....I know you can do it. There must be something out that there that none of us can argue about. Well.....let me think. Urrrrrrrrm....Oh yeah. WE ALL LOVE DOGS!!!! Now if anyone dares disagree with that then they can.......ahem, well I'll leave that to the imagination!
WELL SAID.
Julie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:12 AM
Lol I think the problem is everyone is different and all dogs are different so one size will never fit all. Problems only really arise if anyone believes their dog is the only way dogs come and all dogs must conform to their idea of the perfect dog. My dogs are perfect but only for me they would probably drive anyone else mad it's realising they are all different that is the key to no arguments IMO
Kerryowner
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:16 AM
Don't you think the key is to be able to disagree without being disagreable?

That is the problem sometimes on here when people can't do this!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

A brilliant way of putting it
Pilgrim
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by Julie View Post
Lol I think the problem is everyone is different and all dogs are different so one size will never fit all. Problems only really arise if anyone believes their dog is the only way dogs come and all dogs must conform to their idea of the perfect dog. My dogs are perfect but only for me they would probably drive anyone else mad it's realising they are all different that is the key to no arguments IMO
Yes, that does appear to be one of the main issues. People having a one size fits all attitude towards dogs Which of course isn't how things are in the real world!

Originally Posted by Kerryowner View Post

Another very good point! It is OK to disagree with someones opinion but when the comments get personal and insulting, well that is just out of order. It isn't just what was said but how it was said.

Mind you I do think there are some people on here who would argue black is white just for the sake of causing trouble
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:25 AM
If there is no debate all it shows is that people don`t care. Not that they agree.
tillytheterrier
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:27 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
If there is no debate all it shows is that people don`t care. Not that they agree.
Im not saying debate is wrong. My only point was that we all love dogs or we wouldnt be here, We can at least all agree on that!
Nippy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:29 AM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
Theres debating and there is nasty argueing, sometimes for the sake of it.
Fivedogpam
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

22-01-2011, 09:31 AM
Originally Posted by Pilgrim View Post
It isn't just what was said but how it was said.
I think it is also a problem as people will write something without realising how it comes over. The 'preview post' option is very useful for not just checking spellings and grammar but also to re-read what you have written as if you are reading it for the first time to see how you would react to it. Obviously this is more important if you are adding to a contentious thread but it would eliminate those posts that just don't seem to make sense as well.
Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 > Last »