View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 12:04 PM
But isn`t it the most rewarding thing on earth?
Yesterday in the park a small child ran up to Daisy and patted her bum. She sashayed away without a grumble. Then the mum fell over her, then leant over her and apologised, much to Daisy`s bemusement. No reaction . Yeyy!!! She is so clever.
Positive training works!
lore
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 01:40 PM
Vicki, that is brilliant. It's fantastic when you get a breakthrough like that.

I always remember our way of Densensitising Mum and Dad's Dino to being walked by a man and a lead. He was beaten before by a man with a lead. It took Dad months before Dino wouldn't flinch when he saw Dad with the lead. Even then he was still wary.

He did it in the end though and Dino was with us for 10 years after that.
Lizzy23
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 01:45 PM
4 years with Moll and she will still slink up to you with her tail clamped, although i had a real proud mum moment out this morning with both my bad dogs, both stayed close and at one point they were both sat in front of me wagging there bums and looking at me intently for their next command,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bliss
Emma
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 01:52 PM
It gets you thinking doesn't it, it is taking me weeks with Oliver to get him to tolerate scissors even near him let alone cut a piece of hair. For Jess to reduce her fears of people, and a few others that I can think of.
It is heartbreaking as much as it is rewarding, and sometimes you just have to be happy with a reduction of their issues and understand them.
The work to fix them is worth it, but if only you could kick the shins of the person that did it (and I am being nice there), it might be just take the edge off at times
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 03:28 PM
Originally Posted by ClaireandDaisy View Post
But isn`t it the most rewarding thing on earth? Yesterday in the park a small child ran up to Daisy and patted her bum. She sashayed away without a grumble. Then the mum fell over her, then leant over her and apologised, much to Daisy`s bemusement. No reaction . Yeyy!!! She is so clever.
Positive training works!
You hit the nail on the head there.......
Originally Posted by lore View Post
Vicki, that is brilliant. It's fantastic when you get a breakthrough like that.

I always remember our way of Densensitising Mum and Dad's Dino to being walked by a man and a lead. He was beaten before by a man with a lead. It took Dad months before Dino wouldn't flinch when he saw Dad with the lead. Even then he was still wary.

He did it in the end though and Dino was with us for 10 years after that.
I love happy endings and thats lovely...
Originally Posted by Lizzy23 View Post
4 years with Moll and she will still slink up to you with her tail clamped, although i had a real proud mum moment out this morning with both my bad dogs, both stayed close and at one point they were both sat in front of me wagging there bums and looking at me intently for their next command,,,,,,,,,,,,, Bliss
Skye does a clamped tail
Originally Posted by Emma View Post
It gets you thinking doesn't it, it is taking me weeks with Oliver to get him to tolerate scissors even near him let alone cut a piece of hair. For Jess to reduce her fears of people, and a few others that I can think of.
It is heartbreaking as much as it is rewarding, and sometimes you just have to be happy with a reduction of their issues and understand them.
The work to fix them is worth it, but if only you could kick the shins of the person that did it (and I am being nice there), it might be just take the edge off at times
I'd love to kick some...shins (or Ar***)
ClaireandDaisy
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 03:53 PM
My sons would like to have a meaningful chat to the woman who turned Razzle into a basket case
I`d like to watch.
k9paw
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 04:47 PM
The dog that i brought home not long past three years ago is very different now for the better in most respects(not sure what was like with postman n cats before). I can only imagine what she'd been through in the first two years of her life and from her trying to tell me in her own way(reactions, behaviour etc). She's now confident with other dogs, listens to me(most of time) and the trust, love built is much to her credit. I think abusers of animals get an 'easy ride'(for want of better words). Thank DoG there are folk who care enough to help and try their best to give them a better life n change things.
Vicki
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 06:16 PM
My sons would like to have a meaningful chat to the woman who turned Razzle into a basket case
I`d like to watch.
I'd pay good money to see that.....
youngstevie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 07:09 PM
I`d like to watch.
Seems Vicki and I were thinking the same
Originally Posted by k9paw View Post
The dog that i brought home not long past three years ago is very different now for the better in most respects(not sure what was like with postman n cats before). I can only imagine what she'd been through in the first two years of her life and from her trying to tell me in her own way(reactions, behaviour etc). She's now confident with other dogs, listens to me(most of time) and the trust, love built is much to her credit. I think abusers of animals get an 'easy ride'(for want of better words). Thank DoG there are folk who care enough to help and try their best to give them a better life n change things.
Im so glad she found you hun xxxxxxxx well done
Originally Posted by Vicki View Post
I'd pay good money to see that.....
zoe1969
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

16-01-2011, 10:36 PM
It's so very sad to see the effect these evil people have had on our beloved pets.
Jenny still cowers a little when anyone moves towards her quickly expecting to get hit.....even Graham and me and we've had her 2 and a half years. She also has fear aggression and you can see she's scared in her eyes. It breaks my heart.
Danny will still run away if you walk towards him with a magazine. I didn't realise he was scared until I rolled one up and blew down it like a trumpet coz Otis like it and he legged it into the corner with wide eyes. He's much better than he used to be thank goodness but he's still nervous of it.
It's also taken nearly 9 years to convince Bessie she will never be abused again
I just thank goodness that I, and all you other lovely doggie people have got the poor abused babies now and they're safe.
I'm not entirely sure that making abusers see the aftermath of their action would do anything......after all if they can do it in the first place then why the hell should they be bothered afterwards.
No......hang the b******s!!!!
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2