View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Luke
Dogsey Veteran
Male 

10-06-2012, 09:48 AM
It's not about annoyance, I just don't see why on a forum that promotes such fair viewing of each breeds and is so often promoting deed not breed in regards to some, it's fine to slate certain breeds repeatedly either and tar them all the same, I meet many Jacks that are.....interesting to say the least but also meet many that are most pleasant. As with every breed, it's like saying you hate people as someone mouths off at you from their car window in a carpark. I just don't get it, clearly I'm the one that's missing something but that's fine.
I'd class cockers as small though, larger end of the small scale but still IMO small.
Trouble
Dogsey Veteran
Female  Diamond Supporter 

10-06-2012, 09:57 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
It's not about annoyance, I just don't see why on a forum that promotes such fair viewing of each breeds and is so often promoting deed not breed in regards to some, it's fine to slate certain breeds repeatedly either and tar them all the same, I meet many Jacks that are.....interesting to say the least but also meet many that are most pleasant. As with every breed, it's like saying you hate people as someone mouths off at you from their car window in a carpark. I just don't get it, clearly I'm the one that's missing something but that's fine.
I'd class cockers as small though, larger end of the small scale but still IMO small.
That's your experience not hers and if the ones she meets are nasty little b*ggers she's entitled to say so, and let's face it we've both owned fiestly little jacks so know it's not beyond comprehension.
Moobli
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 10:06 AM
I don't worry about any particular breed, type or size of dogs that we encounter when out and about. I try not to stereotype dogs or owners, and just take them as they come.
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 10:56 AM
Offlead rotties/gsd's/staffs, not really because of the breed or dog, but because of who owns them!
DoKhyi
Almost a Veteran
Female 

10-06-2012, 11:04 AM
Originally Posted by Luke View Post
You've posted a very similar thread befOre bad mouthing the same breed, I won't waste my time pointing out what an ill educated view you maintain once again, as feel trying tO reason with you is Pointless. I do so despair at some of your posts though, just like the ridiculous comment aImed at a two year old bag had been savaged that you expected tO be dog savvy. I just don't get any of it, or what threads to start voicing your dislike Of breeds, and done quid often. What do you hoPe to achieve by it all? Oh and cocker spaniel, definitely a small dog and incidentally one I find, well the show bred ones, one of the most un even temPered breeds most people meet. I despair, but like Murf my view of breeds are currently snoring so
Chill out man. A petulant "well, your breed is nasty, so ner ner!" is a bit pathetic.
baranduin
Dogsey Junior
Female 

10-06-2012, 11:18 AM
I own a giant breed rescue--GD-- which came with written warnings from the rescue. I only took her on because we live deep in the country and rarely meet other dogs. Also we were very experienced GD owners.
She has been attacked while on lead by 3 Border terriers and 4 Jack Russels. Not surprisingly she is reactive to barky dogs. Her reaction to this is always the same -- bite first and ask questions later!
All the local dog walkers are asked to keep a wide berth and in 5 years she has only once had a bad encounter with a neighbour's dog-- both loose in a thick wood.
However my experience with this dog has meant she is my last GD. Too many of them are unpredictable with other dogs. This is after nearly 40 years of ownership of rescue GD. They are too big for me to handle now if they lunge.
What to have next? Something smaller for sure and not a puppy. Fancied a Vallhund but they are rare or a healthy pug.
Page 4 of 4 < 1 2 3 4