View our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Our sister sites
Ripsnorterthe2nd
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 08:28 PM
What terrible news, so sorry for you all.

{{{hugs}}}
Mazza
Dogsey Senior
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:19 PM
So sad to read of the pain you are all going through. My thoughts and prayers are with your sister,you and your family at this terrible time, xx
smokeybear
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:26 PM
So sorry for your pain.
Lou
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:28 PM
I really am so sorry to hear this sad news, Claire

I really wish I could hug you in person *Hugs*

Thinking of you all xx
Collie Convert
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

23-07-2011, 09:37 PM
So sorry x
Lovesgsds
Dogsey Senior
Female 

24-07-2011, 01:28 AM
So sorry to be reading this Claire, sending you lots of love, our thoughts are with you xx
lilypup
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 06:48 AM
It's surreal reading all your messages, I can't quite believe this is happening. I was so shocked early yesterday morning to hear my text alert go off and see that she had texted to tell me she had eaten some ice cream and crushed ice. I know it was a huge thing for her too do given how weak she was the day before.

Her fighting spirit has kicked in and she actually ate 3 small portions of ice cream and a few mouthfuls of supper. This is the most she has eaten for probably 3 weeks now and I could have cried when I saw the determined resolve in her. I took my son to see her and he broke down infront of her. She took his hand and told him nothing was guaranteed and that she will fight with all she has.

She hasn't given up and although I know this is just one good day in a lot of bad ones, to see a glimpse of the 'old' Sarah was the best sight I've ever seen. She was able to chat and didn't have any oxygen all day which was incredible given how breathless and weak she was the day before.

She is being looked after so incredibly well, the staff in the hospice just can't do enough for her. She's struggled with so much and to see her looking more relaxed is really comforting.

I'm taking each day at a time, I don't think there is another way. Every moment with her is precious.

Bless you all for caring.
suecurrie
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I am so very very sorry to hear that the cancer has not responded to chemo. Your sister sounds an incredible person and it never fails to amaze me how brave some people can be. My thoughts are with your sister, you and your family at this very difficult time. xx
STGSD
Almost a Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 01:48 PM
Very sorry to read this, so sad It's an awful thing to go through, your sister sounds incredibly brave. Enjoy every moment with her xxx

It's so important to remember to live life to the full, it's short, we need to do what makes us happy, and make the best or our time with our loved ones xxx
MarchHound
Dogsey Veteran
Female 

24-07-2011, 05:29 PM
I am so sorry you and your family are facing such a cruel illness My aunty was taken by CJD which has simular affects as having cancer. I wish you all the strength, and your sister all the comfort physically possible. Again, I am so sorry. Xx
Page 5 of 7 « First < 2 3 4 5 6 7 >